Buttery Stir Fried Chana. Now pressure cook the soaked kala chana along with water and salt until they are completely cooked. Once done strain the kala chana and set aside. Keep the stock to use in curries, gravies or for chapatis.
Stir fry for a couple minutes. Sprinkle turmeric and add the boiled/steamed beans. Stir fry adding the ground masala. You can have Buttery Stir Fried Chana using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttery Stir Fried Chana
- It’s 2 cups of Black chickpeas or kala chana.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Asafoetida.
- Prepare 2 of Onions sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chana masala.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Coriander leaves chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Black mustard seeds.
- You need 3 of Dry red chillies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chaat masala.
Add salt as needed and remove from fire. Serve as a side dish along with rice and Dal/Sambar. Whisk all remaining ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl. Chop the onion, peppers, and mince the garlic and ginger.
Buttery Stir Fried Chana instructions
- Soak chana in enough water for 8 hours or so. Boil it for a minimum of 10 minutes with the addition of salt and not to forget one important thing and that is, boil it in the same water in which it was soaked. Take water as much as required only. Do not add the whole of it. Take care not to over boil it..
- In a pan, heat butter and add mustard seeds, asafoetida and dry red chillies. As soon as they crackle, add chilli flakes and chana masala. Now add the sliced onions and saute until translucent. Add the boiled chana and mix well. Saute for 8-10 minutes on a medium-high heat..
- Adjust salt and squeeze some lemon juice. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle Chaat masala as the final preparatory step. Serve hot immediately..
Chicken stir-fry is an easy-to-make supper meal. It represents a balanced supper by containing vegetables, rice, and chicken. Boost your stir fry by adding chickpeas for extra protein and fibre. I've tried to make butter chicken sauce from scratch before, with no success. Boil the beans and chana dal in enough water till soft.