Fafda/Chorafali. Heat oil for frying and fry fafda for high-medium flame till it turns light pink in colour. chorafali is one of the most loved snack from the land of gujrat which is prepared during the festival of diwali. very easy to make, this recipe is really a lipsmacking one. Chorafali or Chorafali Fafda is Gujarati festival snack specially on Vijayadashmi and Diwali. This gluten free crispy vegan snack is perfect for munching and evening snacks.
Chorafali (Chorafadi/cholafali fafda /Khakhra) is very festive Gujarati snack prepared during Diwali and is very crisp and delicious puffed chips with very unique taste. Chorafali or cholafali fafda is central Gujarat's (India) very famous snack. · Traditionally chorafali dough is grease with oil and lukewarm water than beat with pestle, until the dough is soft and light but. This gluten free crispy vegan snack is perfect for munching and evening snacks. You can cook Fafda/Chorafali using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fafda/Chorafali
- It’s 2 cup of besan/chickpea flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of urad dal flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil + for frying.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water approx.
- It’s As needed of Rice flour for dusting.
Chorafali or Chorafali Fafda is Gujarati festival snack specially on Vijayadashmi and Diwali. This gluten free crispy vegan snack is perfect for munching and evening snacks. Deep Chorafali / Fafda is very crispy Gujarati salty. Chorafali is usually made on the festival, but it is so crunchy and tasty that you like it with tea, enough to eat at any time Chorafali or cholafali fafda is central Gujarat's (India) very famous snack.
- In a bowl add besan,urad dal flour,salt, oil and baking soda. Mix well..
- Using water knead a stiff dough. Cover and rest dough for 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes make it smooth with a rolling pin or pestle for 8-10 minutes till it becomes soft. You can alternatively knead it with your hands..
- Starch the dough and make a log from it. Cut it into equal parts..
- Take a lemon size ball and using rice flour roll it thinner than chapati. Dry it for 5-10 minutes..
- Heat oil for frying and fry fafda for high-medium flame till it turns light pink in colour..
- Remove on a plate. (You can sprinkle black salt and red chilli powder on it). It's ready to serve..
This snack is specialty of "Nagar"(one very famous gujarati cast) community. Fafda is crunchy snack made from Chick pea flour and served with hot fried chillis or Chutney. In the morning, people are lined up at fafda stall for freshly made fafdas. Crispy chorafali is now ready for serving. You can store it in airtight container and consume it within Response: Hello Asiya, there is already a recipe of fafda chutney on this blog, follow this recipe link.