Bihari style masala chana. Bihari Chole Masala recipe is an easy-to-make side dish for Poori. Serve this Chana masala Bihari Style with parathas, pooris, and rice as well. Chole Bihari style is different from the regular way I make my Chole Masala.
Recipes Bihari Chana Chaat, Bihari Chana Chaat masala, Chana Chaat masala Recipe Post navigation. Murmura – एकबार बनएंगें तो महिनों भर खाएंगे. ghugni recipe with step by step photos – delicious spiced curry made with black or brown chickpeas. this kala chana ghugni recipe comes from the bihari cuisine. ghugni is a popular dish in assam, bengal, odisha, bihar and UP. ghugni can also be made with white chickpeas as well as dried peas. In a pressure cooker, take the chana dal and moong dal. You can have Bihari style masala chana using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bihari style masala chana
- Prepare 250 gms of Black chickpeas/Kala chana.
- It’s 2 of Large sized Onions, finely sliced.
- You need 2 of medium sized tomatoes finely chopped.
- You need 4-5 of green chillies splited.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Haldi powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dhaniya powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dry mango powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chaat masala powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mustard oil.
- Prepare For of garnish-.
- You need Few of Onion rings.
- Prepare as required of Lemon wedge.
- Prepare as required of fresh coriander leaves.
To the dal, add ginger paste, coconut, tomato, turmeric powder, salt, bay leaf, peppercorns, and both the cardamoms. Once the pressure falls, heat a small pan with ghee and add hing and jeera. Aloo chana is an easy-to-cook recipe from Bihar that uses kala chana (black chickpea) – the smaller, thicker-skinned sibling of the chickpea used in channa masala or hummus. Black chickpea has an earthy, dense flavor and high roughage content.
Bihari style masala chana instructions
- Firstly rinse chickpeas with water for a couple of minutes now soak chickpeas overnight or for 7-8 hours in enough water. Afterwards drain excess water from the chickpeas and keep it aside..
- Meanwhile take a pressure cooker add oil and heat it on high flame.. When oil starts to smoke add finely sliced onions and green chiles.. Since the oil is hot enough the onions and chillies will be translucent with fraction of minutes.. Saute it.
- Now add tomatoes and saute till mushy.. Now add soaked chickpeas and all the other spices.. Stir it.. Add water and close the lid of the pressure cooker… And upto 5-6 pressures or for about 15-20 min On medium flame and afterwards put of the flame..
- Once the pressure settle down on it's own remove the lid of the cooker and check whether chickpeas are tendered enough… Cooking of chickpeas varies about the quality of the chickpeas.. Continue cooking again for few more minutes with the lid closed if chana is not completely tendered. Put of the flame.
- Once the pressure settle down on it's own remove the lid and shimmer the chana masala gravy on slow to medium flame till the gravy thickens slightly. Mash some chana pieces with spoon as this helps in thickening of the gravy… Chana masala gravy should be of medium consistency.. Put off the flame..
- Garnish chana masala with onion rings, lemon wedges and fresh coriander leaves and green chilli..
This dish is filling, a good source of carbs, protein and iron – besides being really tasty. Bihari Chana Dal Puri Recipe is a traditional Bihari recipe. To make these Dal puris, one can also add moong dal instead of chana dal which is used in this recipe. It is again an option when it comes to mashing the dal; though it can be mashed fully to get a creamy texture. You can try other Bihari recipes such as Bihari Style Aloo Ka Chokha Bihari Style Baingan Ka Chokha Traditional Bihari Litti Chokha Bihari Kale Chane Ki Ghugni Recipe is a delicious curry made with kala chana or black chickpeas.