Aloo Chana Masala. This chana aloo masala makes the perfect weeknight dinner. Just like chole recipe, this aloo chole has typical Punjabi gravy which is made from onion, tomato and few spices. 🧾Ingredient Notes. Here is the pic of the ingredients required to make this simple, easy and flavorful chana aloo recipe.
Add cooked chickpeas, potatoes and ¾ cup water. Aloo Chole; Aloo Chana Masala is a Punjabi Dhabba style dish made with potatoes and chana (white chickpeas). Aloo Chole Masala is served for breakfasts along with Bhatura or Indian flatbread (roti). You can have Aloo Chana Masala using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aloo Chana Masala
- Prepare 1 of large potato (Aloo)sliced.
- You need 1 cup of black chickpeas (Kala chana) boiled.
- You need 2 of Tomato paste.
- You need 1 of large onion choppeed.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kitchen king powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Aloo chana masala is a favorite and my kids love to have them for breakfast and sometimes as after school dinner. Sear cauliflower and potatoes until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add in the additional butter or coconut oil.
Aloo Chana Masala instructions
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker add cumin fry for a second add chopped onion saute for 2-3 minutes, Add ginger+garlic paste stir for 2 minutes..
- Now add tomato paste, all the spices saute for 3-4 minutes..
- Now add aloo, chana, water mix well..
- Covered and cook till 2 whistle..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve with chapati..
Over medium to medium-low heat, stir in the cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder. Add in the onion and continue to cook until translucent. Black Chickpeas and Potato curry/ Aloo Chana Masala. Black Chickpeas and Potato Masala is an enticing, classic Indian curry with amazing flavours. The humble yet perfect harmony of Aloo and chana complemented by warm Indian curry spices is an absolute winner.