Fafda recipe | how to make gujarati fafda. The Gujarati Fafda Recipe is a traditional crunchy snack that is synonymous with Gujarati cuisine. Made of gram flour and other spices, Gujarati Fafda Recipe is a convenient and quick snacking option that can be had at anytime of the day or mixed with other dry snacks like puffed rice. make gujarati fafda with step by step photo and video recipe. snack or farsan is very important part of gujarati cuisine or gujarati snacks. farsan is a broad category of snacks specifically prepared from besan in which fafda recipe is highly popular. Fafda Recipe – a popular Gujarati snack or breakfast item made from besan.
Fafda gathiya is a traditional Gujarati snack, which is kind of like a test of one's cooking skills! This crispy besan snack requires a lot of practice, and once you master the art, it shows. food recipes. how to make gujarati fafda. adharsh. You can cook Fafda recipe | how to make gujarati fafda using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fafda recipe | how to make gujarati fafda
- You need 120 gram of besan / gram flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric / haldi.
- Prepare 1 pinch of hing,.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 pinch of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ajwain / carom seeds.
- You need as required of water to knead dough.
- It’s 4 tbsp of oil.
- It’s as required of oil for deep frying.
It is a good tea time snack, and the fafda had cultural importance in Gujarat because on some special occasions they make Fafda and distribute all the village. Fafda is a popular Gujarati snack made from seeds of green flour, turmeric, and carom. It is fried crisp and served with the sauce. Method – How To Make Fafda.
Fafda recipe | how to make gujarati fafda instructions
- 1. firstly, in a large mixing bowl add in 120 gram besan, ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 pinch hing, ½ tsp ajwain, 2 pinch baking powder and salt to taste..
- 2. also add 4 tbsp oil and mix well..
- 3. further add normal water as required and knead..
- 4. knead for 5 minutes or till the dough turns soft and smooth..
- 5. add a tsp oil and coat the dough well..
- 6. cover with moist cloth and rest for 20 minutes..
- 7. knead again for a minute making sure the dough is soft..
- 8. pinch a ball sized dough and make a cylindrical shape..
- 9. on a wooden board place the dough and stick one side..
- 10. press and stretch it thin with the help of palms in forward direction..
- 11. scrape off with the help of knife without damaging the fafda..
- 12. now deep fry in hot oil. do not over crowd the fafdas as they wont cook well..
- 13. stir occasionally keeping the flame on medium..
- 14. fry fafdas for a minute or two, till they turn golden and crispy..
- 15. finally, serve gujarati fafda with green chutney or kadi.
- Pl see the video on youtube #safinakitchen, #safina kitchen https://www.youtube.com/c/safinakitchen?sub_confirmation =1.
In a pot, filter out the gram flour. Add salt, food soda, red pepper, oregano, and oil in the besan, mix everything well by hand. Fafda is a favourite street side food in Gujarat. The dish is most relished by Gujarati when served with jalebi The favourite street food in Gujarat is fafda. Fafada recipe in combination with jalebi is present in every How To Make Fafda.