Black Chana Masala. This delicious Black Chana Masala is an easy to make chickpea curry made with black chickpeas. It's bursting with flavor and is a healthy Meatless Monday vegan dinner recipe. If you're short on time you can sub regular canned white chickpeas.
Black Chana Masala uses black chickpeas. And by the way, Chana Masala is generally vegan by default. Add cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, carrom seeds, black peppercorns, cloves and bay leaves in the cooker. You can have Black Chana Masala using 26 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Chana Masala
- Prepare 2 Cups of Black Chickpeas (Kala Chana).
- You need 1/2 of Onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Green Chilli.
- It’s 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 Inches of Ginger.
- Prepare Pinch of Hing.
- You need Pinch of Baking soda.
- You need 1 of Small Tomato chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Coriander Power.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- You need of Coriander leaves finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of Juice of Lemon.
- You need of As per taste salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Oil.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of whole Masala Paste.
- Prepare leaves of Coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 of Juice of Lemon.
- Prepare 3 of Dried Red chillis (remove the seeds and soak it warm water).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoons of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 Inch of Ginger.
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves.
- You need 2 of Green Chillis.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion chopped.
black chickpeas curry with detailed photo and video recipe. a healthy punjabi curry recipe prepared mainly with black chickpeas or also known as desi chickpeas. the curry recipe can be prepared either in a dry variety or gravy based. it is an ideal curry recipe served with either roti / chapathi / steamed rice/jeera rice. Kala Chana Masala is a perfect combination of black chana and spicy flavours. You can also serve it on its own as a salad or can serve it as a side dish along with your meal. It makes a good lunch box recipe too.
Black Chana Masala step by step
- Wash 2 cups of Black Chana and soak it overnight or 6 -7 hours. After that drain the water and add fresh water boil them in pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes.Take 3 Dried Red chillis,Cumin and Coriander seeds,1 inch Ginger, 4 Garlic Cloves,1/2 Onion, Juice of 1/2 Lemon and Coriander leaves, whole spices grind and make a paste..
- Take a pan, heat it up add oil and pinch of hing, onion, green chillies and saute well with 1/2 inch grated ginger, 2 grated Garlic Cloves. Add 3 tablespoons grind masala paste and cook until paste changes the colour..
- Add Turmeric, Garam Masala, salt and tomato cook for 4 minutes. Now add boil black Chana, pinch of soda with water and covered it for 25-30 minutes on medium flame. After that turn off the flame add Lemon Juice and chopped coriander leaves. Serve with Rice or Chapati..
It is spicy and very easy to make. Serve Kala Chana Masala along with Phulkas and Gujarati Dal for a perfect weekday meal. You can also pack this in your lunch box along with Pudina. After pressure drops, open the lid, add the chana paste and mix well. Add required salt for the black chana gravy and let the curry come to boiling.