Sprouted Chana. Here is a tongue-tickling curry of sprouted kala chana, cooked with whole spices, ginger-green chilli paste and jaggery. Medium-spicy with a mild sweetness, the Kala Chana Ambti has a very homely flavour, which literally makes you lick your fingers with delight after you're done. Sprouted chickpeas are delicious when used to make hummus, roasted chickpeas, soups, and stews.
Consider using organic chickpeas and keep in. Taste and adjust salt and spice. Pressure cook the sprouted chickpeas by adding water. You can have Sprouted Chana using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sprouted Chana
- It’s 1 cup of Kala chana.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of green chilli.
- You need 8-10 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 pinch of asaefotida.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt, turmeric, cumin coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juice.
Switch of the gas and keep aside. When the oil gets heated, add chopped onion and fry. Raw sprouted chickpeas can be blended into delicious raw hummus with tahini, black pepper, some Himalayan salt and spices/herbs. The same can be done with cooked chickpeas.
Sprouted Chana step by step
- Wash, soak and germinate black chana. Wash chana sprout. In a cooker add oil and mustard seeds. Once splutters add asafoetida..
- Add chopped onion, garlic and chilli. Saute for a while. Add chana and spices. Add three tbsp water and cook for three whistles..
- Squeeze lemon juice and enjoy hot…
Add raw or cooked sprouted chickpeas to salads, Buddha bowls, soups, stews, stir-fries. Use cooked sprouted chickpeas in any recipes that call for cooked chickpeas. This happens because of nature of proteins, which are slow digesting as well as because of presence of oligosaccharides and phytic acid. Sprouted beans require cooking before consuming. Rinse ½-¾ cup garbanzo beans and pick out any stones, debris, or split beans.