Gopal kala recipe. Wash, peel and chop the cucumber into small pieces and add them to the yogurt. Add the rinsed and softened poha to it. Add pomegranate, salt, sugar, roasted gram, grated fresh coconut and coriander leaves to it.
Gopal kala Recipe, How to make Gopala Kala for Janmashtami. Gopalkala Recipe – A healthy delicious and no cook dish made with flattened rice,yogurt ,cucumber and few spices specially for Janmashtami. Add the chana dal and sauté. You can cook Gopal kala recipe using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gopal kala recipe
- It’s 1 cup of popped rice (lahi).
- It’s 1/2 cup of soaked flattened rice.
- You need 11/4 cup of soaked chana daal.
- It’s 1 cup of malai curd.
- You need 1 of apple.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh pomogranate.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- You need 2 table spoon of sweet lemon pickle.
- Prepare 1 of guava.
- Prepare 2 tea spoon of powder sugar.
- It’s 2 table spoon of fresh coriander.
- Prepare As per taste of Salt.
In our country, Krishna Janmashtami is considered a massive festival. In this way, many dishes are prepared for Kanha on this special occasion. There is another unique dish, which is said to be very fond of Bal Gopal. This is Gopal Kala, which is made from Chuda and curd.
Gopal kala recipe instructions
- First of all clean all popped rice, jowar lahi. Peel and cut cucumber into fine pieces.Similarly cut chilli, guava,apple into fine pieces.Chop coriander finely..
- Now take a big shallow vessal and add both popped jowar and rice in it. Add soaked flat rice and soaked chana daal to this..
- Now add chopped apple,cucumber,guava and some pomogranate and chilli to this mixture..
- Finally add curd.mix well.Now add sugar and salt.mix it again..
- Now at the time of offering the bhog add remaining pomogranate and coriander..
Gopal Kala is delicious in food. 'Gopal' is the name of Lord Sri Krishna. 'Kala' means the mixture. So this dish is named as Gopalkala. It is is a mix of beaten rice/ poha, curd,milk, ghee, green chilli, sugar, salt and cucumber. This is also called as Dahi poha. I followed the recipe from this space.