Chana Jor Garam. MOHD RAFI, Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar & Nitin Mukesh Chana Jor Garam Chaat is a mouthwatering Indian traditional snack made out of black gram. Something chatpata is always my favorite.
The jor garam is made of fried and flattened black grams and chopped raw vegetables like onions, tomatoes, carrot, raw mango, coriander leaves as well as other ingredients like red chili. And your healthy and mouthwatering street food chana jor garam is ready! Chana chor garam is a popular Indian snack made from cooked chickpeas that have been flattened, fried, and seasoned with spices. You can cook Chana Jor Garam using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chana Jor Garam
- Prepare 2-3 cups of boiled Black Chickpeas or Kala Chana.
- Prepare 2 of Onions thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt or to taste.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Black Salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Asafoetida or Hing.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chana Masala.
- Prepare 3-4 of finely chopped Green Chillies.
- You need 1 bunch of Coriander Leaves chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of roasted Peanuts (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Black Mustard Seeds.
They are loaded with healthy plant-based protein and plenty of dietary fiber from chickpeas. Chana chor garam is also chock-full of iron. It can be enjoyed as a snack or as a crunchy addition to side dishes. Ships from and sold by Desi Basket.
Chana Jor Garam instructions
- Boil the Chickpeas with some salt and keep aside. Do not overboil..
- Heat Oil in a kadai and add Mustard seeds. As they crackle, add the sliced or the chopped Onions. Saute these with all the other masalas until light golden and done. Now add along the Black Chickpeas too..
- Saute on a medium high heat stirring in between for about 5-6 minutes. Garnish with Coriander, Green Chillies and with a dash of Lemon juice. Toss in some Peanuts too. It's optional..
- Serve piping hot. Enjoy!.
Ships from and sold by DesiDuniya. How to Make Chana Jor Garam. Chana Jor Garam recipe: A simple easy to make chaat recipe of famous chana jor garam. Chana jor garam is a spicy and a tangy snack loved by everyone in the family. This simple chaat has childhood memories attached to it :-).