KALA CHANA Gravy (black chickpeas). Chop the tomato in to very fine pieces and add to the gravy. Let it cook and then include pressure cooked chickpeas too. black chickpeas curry with detailed photo and video recipe. a healthy punjabi curry recipe prepared mainly with black chickpeas or also known as desi chickpeas. the curry recipe can be prepared either in a dry variety or gravy based. it is an ideal curry recipe served with either roti / chapathi / steamed rice/jeera rice.
If you are a fan of black chickpeas, then you should also try this spicy Kadala Kari from the Kerala cuisine and Ghugni from the Bihari cuisine. A detailed recipe with pictures of how to make the tastiest Black chickpea curry in a pressure cooker. Kala Chana is an Indian variety of chickpeas made in curry and dry form. You can cook KALA CHANA Gravy (black chickpeas) using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of KALA CHANA Gravy (black chickpeas)
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled chana.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1-2 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1-2 of green chillies chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of deghi mirch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dhaniya powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of amchur powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need Pinch of hing.
- It’s Handful of Coriander leaves for garnishing.
Cooked chickpeas are then curried with a thick spicy masala gravy. This curry recipe can be prepared either in a semi dry variety or gravy based. Kala Chana Masala is a popular dish in Indian Cuisine and you can discover almost all homes preparing the dish every now and then. In Kerala, traditional Puttu is served with Black Chickpeas Masala.
KALA CHANA Gravy (black chickpeas) instructions
- In a pressure cooker add oil,cumin seeds.let them crackle and then add ginger garlic paste,onions,green chilli sauté for 2-3mins.
- Add tomatoes,salt,turmeric,hing,deggi mirch and amchur sauté them till the oil starts leaving from the sides of the onion-tomato masala.
- Then add the Kala chana,water as per required u want and stir well.
- Pressure cook chana on a medium to high flame for 2-3 whistles.
- Lastly sprinkle the garam masala and stir garnish with coriander leaves.serve with steamed rice and chapati.
Boiled black chickpeas / kala chana curry recipe- Kala chanas simmered in aromatic onion tomato gravy, to make a perfect healthy meal with rice or roti. Black chickpeas benefits- Blackchickpeas/ Kala chana like lentils, chickpeas, beans is another variety of healthy legumes, that is a very good source of plant based protein. In this dish, kala chana is cooked in besan (chickpea flour) gravy seasoned with spices, jaggery, and tamarind to give this dish its heat, sweetness, and tanginess. There is no sautéing of any masala in this kala chana curry black channa curry, which makes this dish a breeze to prepare.