Kala chana. Kala chana recipe – black chickpeas cooked with onions, tomatoes and spices. Kala chana are the desi variety of chickpeas that are brown to black in color. These are used widely in Indian cuisine to make curries, stew and even stir fry dishes.
Soak it overnight till its tender and eat a fistful of it along with breakfast for improving sperm count, easy digestion and taste. However, eat in limited quantities to avoid diarrhea. Kala chana curry is a breeze to make in the Instant Pot. You can have Kala chana using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kala chana
- Prepare 1 Cup of Boiled Black Chana.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Fenugreek seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- Prepare 5-6 cloves of garlic,crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 of Large onion,chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rice flour.
- It’s 1 handful of Chopped coriander.
- It’s 2 of /1 tbsp Dry Red Chill,pounded or Red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 3-4 of isp Dry mango powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Follow the recipe instructions as is by first sautéing the aromatics, tomatoes and ground spices. black chickpeas curry with detailed photo and video recipe. a healthy punjabi curry recipe prepared mainly with black chickpeas or also known as desi chickpeas. the curry recipe can be prepared either in a dry variety or gravy based. it is an ideal curry recipe served with either roti / chapathi / steamed rice/jeera rice. Kala chana – Kaale chane is a North Indian chickpea curry, a dry preparation made using brown chickpeas. This is usually served with Pooris / puris, the deep fried Indian bread made using whole wheat flour.
Kala chana step by step
- Heat oil in a non stick wok. Add coriander seeds and fenugreek seeds. Saute it for few seconds..
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Saute it till onion turn to golden brown in colour.Now add pounded dry red chilli (you can use red chilli Powder too) & turmeric powder..
- Add salt to taste and Saute it for a minute.Now add black chana to onion mixture and saute it on medium heat for one minute..
- Add cumin powder, dry mango powder and mix well. Now take 1/² cup water and add rice flour to it. Rice flour helps gravy to thicken a bit and help you achieve that perfect silky consistency..
- Add rice flour and water mixture to black chana mixture in the wok. Mix it well.Cook it for 12-15 minutes on Low flame. Sprinkle with some chopped green coriander and our tangy kala chana recipe is ready.
A handful of ingredients combine with cooked brown chickpeas to give this hearty and simple Indian dish. The term "kala chana" might sound like a stranger to most of us, but when we dig through its English translation, it turns out to be a familiar thing! So kala chana when translated into English is "black chickpeas!" Chickpeas are legumes that have protein-rich seeds, and an important ingredient to Middle Eastern and South Asian cuisine. Kala chana is an excellent source of protein. Kala chana is a type of desi chickpea grown mainly in India and translates to black chickpeas.