Kala Chana-Puri-Sooji Halwa for Kanjak Pujan. Kala Chana-Puri-Sooji Halwa for Kanjak Pujan Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, kala chana-puri-sooji halwa for kanjak pujan. One of my favorites food recipes.
Kala Chana-Puri-Sooji Halwa for Kanjak Pujan is one of the most favored. Great recipe for Kala Chana-Puri-Sooji Halwa for Kanjak Pujan. #dusshera Happy Navami to all of you. Kala Chana and Puri, an Ashtami or Navami Prasad is a healthy and tasty treat that is simple and easy to prepare. You can have Kala Chana-Puri-Sooji Halwa for Kanjak Pujan using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kala Chana-Puri-Sooji Halwa for Kanjak Pujan
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for Chana.
- You need 1 of large cup Black chana/chole.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Jeera or Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander leaves.
- It’s of Ingredients for Puri.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of semolina.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of carom seeds (ajwain).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Approx. ½ cup water.
- Prepare of Oil to fry.
- Prepare of Ingredients for Sooji Halwa.
- You need 1 cup of Semolina (Rawa/Sooji).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Ghee.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 5-6 of saffron strands.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Green cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Almonds chopped for garnishing.
Add Sooji Halwa or Sweet Semolina pudding to make a finger-licking meal.. The recipe for puri is in this post; however, the recipes for Sooji Halwa and Kala chana are in separate posts. Later they are served Black chickpeas or Kala chana – Ashtami Prasad, Sooji halwa, and puri – a delicious and favorite KANJAK food. When they are done eating and ready to leave, people shower them with gifts in the form of money or toys.
Kala Chana-Puri-Sooji Halwa for Kanjak Pujan step by step
- Method for Chana-Clean, wash and soak chana overnight. Drain them in the morning and cook in a pressure cooker. Add salt before boiling. Pressure cook for 8-10 whistles. Once the steam is out, open the cooker and check if Chana is cooked. In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and when they start to crackle add in all the spices one by one. Now add the boiled Chana to this tempering. Bring it to a boil till all the water has dried out. Serve Kala Chana hot with Puri and Sooji Halwa..
- Method forPuri-Take the wheat flour, semolina, carom seeds and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and knead the wheat flour into a hard dough. If the dough is soft the puri may not puff upMake small balls of the dough. Roll into small discs. See that you roll them evenly. Puffed up puris are liked by everyone and the dough and rolling should be just right for that. Heat the oil in a wok for frying the puris. Place a disc in hot oil and it will puff up instantly..
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add semolina. Roast on low heat till fragrant. Follow your nose to decide if the sooji is roasted. Heat milk in another pan. Add saffron and cardamom powder to the milk..
- Once the semolina is roasted well add the flavoured milk to it, mix nicely, cover and cook on simmer for 5 minutes Add sugar, mix nicely and cover. Let it cook until sugar melts. Turn off heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve Sooji Halwa or Semolina Pudding, hot, garnished with almonds, nuts.
- Serve after doing the Aarti..
Each family follows their tradition as some worship Ashtami, and some do puja on Navami. On this day, people also organise Kanjak pujan at home. Halwa, poori and kale chane holds a firm position in the bhog thali. We just love how bright and cheerful festivals are. While the surge in Covid cases has been a concern across India, the ongoing festivals are keeping.