Crispy Kala Chana Kebab!. Pressure cook channa with the ingredients of list A in sufficient water till done. Open the cooker after the pressure reduces. Strain, cool and grind it to a fine paste, adding little water if required.
Kala channa kebab is a simple kebab recipe with boiled and crushed kala chana made into kebabs and grilled or shallow fried to a crispy finish. Enjoy with chilli sauce and onion rings. Drain the water and add the chana in a pressure cooker. You can have Crispy Kala Chana Kebab! using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy Kala Chana Kebab!
- It’s 1/2 cup of Black Chana/ whole bengal gram soaked overnight & boiled.
- It’s 1 of Potato boiled.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 of Onion chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of Green Chillies chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of Chaat masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Coriander Leaves.
- You need 3 tbsp of Oil.
Secure the lid and cook over a high flame. After the first whistle, reduce the flame to low. Turn the flame off and release the pressure. The crispy and scrumptious Kala Chana shami kebabs not only sound appealing, but will be a delight to your taste buds too.
Crispy Kala Chana Kebab! instructions
- Start by soaking the kala chana overnight. We’ve used the dry variety but you can use fresh just as easily if available..
- After soaking, drain the water and boil the chana in a pressure cooker using 4 whistles or in an open vessel until soft and cooked through. Reserve the boiled chana while you prepare the masala that flavours this kebab..
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add in your onions, ginger, garlic and chillies. Let them cook through and soften..
- Then add in your chaat masala, cumin, red chilli powder and garam masala. When the masalas become fragrant take the mixture off the heat and set it aside..
- In a large mixing bowl mix the boiled potato with the boiled chana and mash them up well. If you want a very smooth mixture feel free to give it a few turns in your mixer grinder. But for a chunky mix using a masher works just fine. To this add the prepared masala along with breadcrumbs and chopped coriander..
- Use your hands to mix it together. It should form sort of a dough. Shape this dough into small lime size balls and flatten to shammi kebab patties or cutlets..
- You can fry these instantly or keep them in the fridge for a couple hours to allow them to harden as they can be quite soft and thus difficult to turn while frying. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and place in the kebabs. These should cook through in 5 minutes or less on each side..
- Serve them up with your favourite chutney or sauce. You can even place them on soup spoon with a small dollop of sauce on each kebab for in innovative presentation..
It makes a perfect accompaniment with tea for evenings. I am sure your friends and family will relish it. Here is a step by step recipe with pictures to make Vegetarian Shami kebab. Major Ingredients used for Kala Chana Tendli Kebab: Kala chana , black eyed peas and Rajma are used here. Gives a nice texture to the kebab.