Kala Chana. Kala chana recipe – black chickpeas cooked with onions, tomatoes and spices. Kala chana are the desi variety of chickpeas that are brown to black in color. These are used widely in Indian cuisine to make curries, stew and even stir fry dishes.
Soak it overnight till its tender and eat a fistful of it along with breakfast for improving sperm count, easy digestion and taste. However, eat in limited quantities to avoid diarrhea. Kala chana curry is a breeze to make in the Instant Pot. You can have Kala Chana using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kala Chana
- It’s 1 cup of boil kala chana.
- Prepare 2-3 of Chopped green chilli.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Chopped ginger.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Chopped coriander.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare Pinch of hing.
- You need 1 teaspoon of jeera.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
Follow the recipe instructions as is by first sautéing the aromatics, tomatoes and ground spices. black chickpeas curry with detailed photo and video recipe. a healthy punjabi curry recipe prepared mainly with black chickpeas or also known as desi chickpeas. the curry recipe can be prepared either in a dry variety or gravy based. it is an ideal curry recipe served with either roti / chapathi / steamed rice/jeera rice. Kala chana – Kaale chane is a North Indian chickpea curry, a dry preparation made using brown chickpeas. This is usually served with Pooris / puris, the deep fried Indian bread made using whole wheat flour.
Kala Chana step by step
- Take pre heated,add oil. When oil is hot add jeera, hing, ginger, green Chilli, turmeric, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala. Add kala chana and mix it..
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Dry kala chana is ready. Garnish it with coriander. Transfer it in bowl. Serve it with poori and paratha…Enjoy…!.
A handful of ingredients combine with cooked brown chickpeas to give this hearty and simple Indian dish. Kala chana is an excellent source of protein. The term "kala chana" might sound like a stranger to most of us, but when we dig through its English translation, it turns out to be a familiar thing! So kala chana when translated into English is "black chickpeas!" Chickpeas are legumes that have protein-rich seeds, and an important ingredient to Middle Eastern and South Asian cuisine. In fact, […] Kala chana is a type of desi chickpea grown mainly in India and translates to black chickpeas.