Kala chana masala. Kala Chana Masala is a perfect combination of black chana and spicy flavours. You can also serve it on its own as a salad or can serve it as a side dish along with your meal. It makes a good lunch box recipe too.
Kala Chana Masala or Black Chickpea Curry is a delicious, spicy, flavourful and very popular dish and forms essential part of the North Indian Cuisine. Kala Chana Masala is made by cooking boiled chickpeas in tomato gravy and spices. Kala Chana Masala is a delicious vegan Indian curry made with a unique ingredient, black chickpeas! You can have Kala chana masala using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kala chana masala
- It’s 1 bowl of kala chana over night soaked.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 4 of green chillies cut lengthwise.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of besan.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rock salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mango powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of roasted cumin seeds crushed.
Black chickpeas are nuttier and firmer than traditional garbanzo beans, making this a one of a kind dish. Serve it spicy with plenty of serrano peppers with basmati rice!! Jump to: What is Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas)? Heat a pan and dry roast onions and grated coconut till it turns golden in colour.
Kala chana masala instructions
- Take a cooker add oversoaked kala chana 1 cup of water,1/2tsp salt.pressure cook for 2 whistle on high flame.
- Heat 3tbsp of cooking oil in pan add 1tsp of cumin seeds,when crackle add grated ginger,green chillies saute for awhile.turn the flame in low,add coriander piwder,turmeric powder,cumin powder,red chilli powder mix well add besan mix well add chopped coriander leaves saute for a while add boiled kala chana along with water,.
- Add 1/2tsp rock salt,garam masala,mango powder.cook for 15 minutes until all the water 3vaporates,add 1/2tsp roasted cumin seeds crushed.,chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well.kala chana masala is ready to serve.enjoy !!!.
Kala chana curry is a breeze to make in the Instant Pot. Follow the recipe instructions as is by first sautéing the aromatics, tomatoes and ground spices. A delicious sukha kala chana chaat is made by boiling, cooling, and mixing the brown chickpeas with finely chopped tomato, onion, cucumber, chillies, salt, and chaat masala powder. Kala Chana Sundal is a nutritious snack sold from beach-side carts in Tamil Nadu. This spicy, dry snack also contains grated coconut and is a delight to eat.