Kala Chana bhuna with potato #ramadan. Sort and clean chickpeas and wash them under cold water; drain. Classic Chana bhuna/ chola bhuna/ boot bhuna Iftar in Ramadan in Bangladesh is synonymous with Chaana bhuna !!! This is the must item in iftar !!!
Add four cups of water and lock the pressure cooker lid. Add the cooked kala chana and chopped potatoes and stir to combine well. If the mixture is dry, add little water (here you can use the strained water kept aside) and mix well. You can cook Kala Chana bhuna with potato #ramadan using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kala Chana bhuna with potato #ramadan
- You need 2 can of Kala chana.
- It’s 2 of medium size potato.
- Prepare 1 of medium size onion.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato.
- It’s 3 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need of Fresh Coriander for garnish.
Once it is soaked well drain the water and wash well. Cook it till it is soft. Now in a pan heat oil and splutter the mustard seeds. Add dried red chillies,bay leaves and curry leaves.
Kala Chana bhuna with potato #ramadan instructions
- Wash Kala chana and drain them. Heat a frying pan. Add oil and fry the onion. Put green chillies and salt. Fry them for few seconds..
- Now add tomatoes and rest of the spices. Cook spices for 3mins. Now add potatoes. Mix them well and cook for 5 minutes with lid on. Then add Kala chana. Add very little amount of water. Don’t use too much water. Now give them a good stirs. Cover with the lid and cook for 20 minutes on medium to low flame. At the end garnish with fresh coriander. Serve them with roti or puffed rice (Muri). We love to have them with Muri(Puffed Rice) in our Iftar.😋.
Drain, rinse thoroughly to remove the white liquid accumulated on top. Rinse multiple times with clear water. Cook until soft using a pressure cooker or instant pot or stove top. Kala chana recipe – black chickpeas cooked with onions, tomatoes and spices. Kala chana are the desi variety of chickpeas that are brown to black in color.