Black Chickpeas (kala chana Sabji). Black Chickpea Sabji is a healthy curry recipe prepared mainly with black chickpeas, also known as desi chickpeas. This curry recipe can be prepared either in a dry variety or gravy based. It is an ideal curry recipe served with roti, chapati, jeera rice, or plain rice.
These can be used to prepare curries, side dishes, stir fries, etc. Here, we have shared a flavourful and delicious recipe of Punjabi Black Chickpea Curry in which Black Chickpeas is cooked with the everyday masala. This recipe is easy to make and thus you can include it in your everyday diet. You can have Black Chickpeas (kala chana Sabji) using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Chickpeas (kala chana Sabji)
- It’s 1 cup of Chickpeas soaked overnight.
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- You need 3 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chat masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Kasuri methi.
Black Chickpeas (kala chana Sabji) step by step. Drain and reserve the cooking liquor. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. When the tomatoes are soft, add in chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
Black Chickpeas (kala chana Sabji) instructions
- Drain and pressure cook the chana with 3½ cups water, salt and the tea leaves tied in a piece of muslin cloth for 6-8 whistles. Drain and reserve the cooking liquor. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Chop onion. Add cumin seeds to the pan and when they change colour, add onion and sauté Add ginger paste, garlic paste and a little water and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add coriander powder, cumin powder, chana masala, red chilli powder and mix..
- Add chana and some cooking liquor, salt and mix. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. Add darkly roasted cumin powder and mix. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice..
Heat oil in a pan, add hing and jeera, let it cracker. Then add onion and fry till pink. Add red chili powder, dhaniya powder and fry. Now add boiled and then drained chana and mix well. Now, this recipe is a must-try in summer to enjoy the sweet taste of mangoes, balanced perfectly with the nutty flavour of black chickpeas in an unbeatable plate of chaat.