Healthy Tangy Kala Chana Chaat. Refreshing and tangy Kala Chana Chaat is made with black chickpeas, onion, tomatoes and flavored with spices. This easy salad makes a great snack or lunch! This recipe is also oil-free, sugar-free, vegan and gluten-free.
Whenever we would go to juhu beach in Mumbai, our trip to the beach was not complete without having the Chana chaat Besides having the rest of the chaat food like Pani puri , Bhel puri , Sev. Kala chana chaat or black chickpeas chaat is a popular Indian beachside food. It is savory, spicy, and tangy in taste. You can cook Healthy Tangy Kala Chana Chaat using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Tangy Kala Chana Chaat
- You need 2 cups of black chickpeas (kala chana) boiled.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped tomato pulp removed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of green chilli finely chopped, adjust to taste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped mint.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chaat masala.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Tamarind sauce.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli powder adjust to taste.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of small lemon or lime juice of.
Kala chana is cooked in the instant pot to make this vegan and gluten-free chaat. It serves as a starter or appetizer for parties and potlucks. Check out how to make kala chana chaat at home with step by step details. This refreshingly delicious, spicy, and tangy Kala Chana Chaat is made with black chickpeas, onions, potatoes, bell peppers and a bunch of spices.
Healthy Tangy Kala Chana Chaat instructions
- Drain the boiled chickpeas and place them in a large bowl..
- Add chopped tomato, onion and cilantro, mint..
- Then add the spices- chaat masala, cumin powder, amchur, red chilli powder and very little salt and 1 tablespoon tamarind sauce.
- Toss to combine everything together and then squeeze in fresh lemon or lime juice. Enjoy this healthy tangy kala chana chaat for snack.
This oil-free, sugar-free and gluten-free and vegan recipe makes a great snack or lunch! Kala Chana Chaat, is a healthy chaat made with protein-rich kala chana, tossed in simple spices and a splash of lemon juice. Nutritious chana, mushy potatoes, juicy tomatoes, sharp onions, sweet pomegranate pearls and a sprinkle of masalas makes a chatpata chaat as a great Indian salad as well. Considered as a popular street food as well, this chaat is sold at street food carts and 'thelas. Chana Chaat is a healthy and delicious snack.