Kala Chana Chaat. Kala chana chaat is a tangy and tasty snack made from black chickpeas. It is much similar to the green chana chaat that one gets at juhu beach in Mumbai. Whenever we would go to juhu beach in Mumbai, our trip to the beach was not complete without having the Chana chaat Besides having the rest of the chaat food like Pani puri , Bhel puri , Sev.
So, I recommend refrigerating it for couple of hours at least before serving. Here's how you make this healthy and yummy Kala Chana Chaat! Kala chana chaat is a savory, spicy, and tangy Indian snack made with cooked black chickpeas. You can cook Kala Chana Chaat using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kala Chana Chaat
- You need 1 cup of boiled black chickpeas.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiled potato cubes.
- Prepare 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of green chilli finely chopped.
- It’s As required of coriander leaves finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chaat masala.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tamarind Jaggery Chutney.
- You need 1 tbsp of Green Chutney (Dhaniya Pudina).
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need As per taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
It is vegan, and gluten-free and perfect for an appetizer or side dish. It can also be served as an evening snack with some masala chai. Kala chana chaat can be made in different ways. Some versions of kala chana chaat are made like a salad with all. chana chaat recipe is a truly exciting combination of ingredients that makes this a real winner!
Kala Chana Chaat step by step
- Wash and soak overnight 1 cup black chickpeas. Pressure cook by adding Salt for 4-5 whistles..
- Boil and peel potatoes cut in cubes and keep aside. Meanwhile finely chop – onions, tomatoes, green chillies, cucumber, Coriander leaves and keep aside..
- In a big bowl add boiled chickpeas, now add potato cubes, chopped – onions, Tomatoes, cucumber, green chillies and coriander leaves..
- Add salt, chaat masala, red chilli powder..
- Add Tamrind Chutney and green chutney..
- Add lemon juice and mix well. Serve in a serving plate..
- Tasty Tangy Healthy Kala Chana Chaat loaded with fibers and Proteins is ready to serve..
This is one of the easiest and tastiest chaat recipe. kala chana chaat is simply a dish made with kala chana, luscious chutneys, veggies and chaat masala. Toss them all together in butter and the deliciouskala chana chaat is ready to be relished! Kala Chana Chaat, is a healthy chaat made with protein-rich kala chana, tossed in simple spices and a splash of lemon juice. Nutritious chana, mushy potatoes, juicy tomatoes, sharp onions, sweet pomegranate pearls and a sprinkle of masalas makes a chatpata chaat as a great Indian salad as well. Considered as a popular street food as well, this chaat is sold at street food carts and 'thelas.