Groundnut Chikki / Groundnut Brittle Step by Step Recipe. Great recipe for Groundnut Chikki / Groundnut Brittle Step by Step Recipe. I have a huge craving for something sweet today, and as surprising as it may sound I dint want to bake! Wanted to do something very traditional; some thoughts that crossed my mind were – karanji's (gujiya), besan ladoos,.
Traditional Peanut Chikki from peanut and jaggery is a rich source of energy required specially during winters. It is a very healthy and popular dish in North india. Here is an easy step by step recipe to make crunchy and brittle Groundnut Chikki. You can have Groundnut Chikki / Groundnut Brittle Step by Step Recipe using 4 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Groundnut Chikki / Groundnut Brittle Step by Step Recipe
- It’s 1 cup of Peanuts groundnuts /.
- You need 3/4 cup of jaggery Grated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter ghee Clarified /.
Have these crispy and tasty peanut chikki anytime you crave for something sweet. Peanut brittle is a healthy and delicious sweet made with roasted groundnut. This is the best replacement for chocolates. This peanut brittle is called as palli chikki or peanut chikki in South India.
Groundnut Chikki / Groundnut Brittle Step by Step Recipe step by step
- Take a heavy bottom kadhai or a non –stick pan, heat it. Once hot; reduce the heat to medium and dry roast (no oil) the groundnuts until crisp for about 12-15 minutes. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes and gently remove the skin of the peanuts.Grate the jaggery or gur and set aside..
- Once the skin is removed and cooled, coarsely ground the peanuts, make sure that the piece are large and not very small. If you wish you can make the chikki/brittle keeping the groundnuts in their original size..
- Generously grease a steelthali / tray or plate with oil / ghee and keep it ready..
- Take another thick bottom pan or a non stick pan, add to it 1 cup packed grated jaggery along with 1 tbsp of clarified butter /ghee and 1 tbsp of water..
- Add the grated jaggery in a hot non stick pan.
- Add 1 tbsp pf water and 1 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter.
- Melt the jaggery on low-medium heat.
- This is how it will look when it starts to boil.
- Boil on a low heat for 10 – 12 minutes (stir continuously) until thickens to form thick syrup..
- To test the syrup is ready, drop a teaspoon of hotjaggerysyrup in cold water. If it forms a jaggeryball, then the syrup is ready. If it’s not ready, then it won’t form a ball and you will see that the jaggery has diluted in the water..
- Once it’s confirmed that the jaggery had reached the correct stage of the syrup mix dry roasted peanuts; mix until the groundnuts are well combined withjaggery..
- Mix the groundnuts int he jaggery.
- Remove from heat immediately, spread this groundnut–jaggerymixture into the greased steelthali / plateand spread it evenly..
- Cut into desired shape and size when it is just about to set and leave it to cool for half an hour..
- Make desired shape and size when hot.
- Do not try to remove pieces /chikkisfrom plate when it is hot as they will break..
- Once cooled remove carefully, store in an airtight container..
In this, roasted grounds is added to jaggery, we can use sugar also and use the same method. Peanut chikki is an easy recipe with just two main ingredients, but the jaggery syrup has to be cooked till the hard ball stage. This step is the most crucial step and once this is done rightly, then no worries. another step which takes some time is removing the peanut skins. Once the peanuts starts to separate its skin, turn off the flame and cool completely. Peel off the skin and keep aside.