Peanut-sesame chikki (peanut brittle). Til Mungfali ki Chikki (Indian Sesame Peanut Brittle) is an incredibly delicious Indian brittle made using til, gud, mungfali and herbs. (Made using peanut, jaggery and sesame seed) Perfect for Navratri Til Mungfali ki Chikki (Indian Sesame Peanut Brittle) makes for a great snack/dessert Hey, you'll we have finally stepped into Friday and. Great recipe for Peanut-sesame chikki (peanut brittle). Peanut-sesame chikki is a winter special recipe.
In this recipe, I will show you how to make Peanut Chikki with Sugar. It is a great replacement of chocolates for kids as it satisfies your sweet tooth. It is normally eaten during winter. You can have Peanut-sesame chikki (peanut brittle) using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Peanut-sesame chikki (peanut brittle)
- It’s 1 cup of roasted peanuts (moongfali).
- It’s 1 cup of roasted sesame (til).
- It’s 2 cup of jaggery grated.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom powder(elaichi powder).
Peanut sesame brittle is a traditional candy I grow up eating and thought it exist only in China/Malaysia. I came to realized that I could not be more wrong later during my time in India. The Indians too, have a very similar version of this Peanut brittle, though slightly different in taste and ingredients. Peanut Chikki (Groundnut Chikki, Peanut Brittle) is a healthy, delicious traditional candy made from peanuts and jaggery.
Peanut-sesame chikki (peanut brittle) step by step
- In a kadhai, melt the jaggery with 1tbsp ghee on low flame..
- Let the jaggery come to a boil on low flame..
- Take the jaggery mixture and add this to a bowl of water. Check the syrup is brittle on cooling. If it is not brittle, it's rubbery then cook the jaggery for another 2-5mins till it attains brittleness on cooling..
- Add the peanut and jaggery to it and mix it well. Switch the gas off..
- Grease the back side of steel plate with ghee. Take the peanut and jaggery mixture in the plate and roll it with a greased rolling pin..
- Shape the chikki mixture properly and let it cool for 10 min..
- Mark the cuts on the chikki and let it cool for 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, lightly heat the plate from bottom and take out the chikki in a plate. Break these along the cut marks. Peanut chikki is ready to serve. You can store it for 7 days in an airtight container..
It can be eaten alone or with snacks and is a perfect replacement for chocolates. This recipe uses jaggery to make crispier chikkis in easier way. Peanut chikki is an easy recipe with just two main ingredients, but the jaggery syrup has to be cooked till the hard ball stage. This step is the most crucial step and once this is done rightly, then no worries. another step which takes some time is removing the peanut skins. Note: If you want to prepare perfect squares of Chikki you can pour the hot mixture into a greased tray and cut it with a sharp knife when it is still hot.