Peanut candy (peanut brittle). While the peanut version is most popular in North American, the combination of sweet candy and salty nuts is enjoyed around the world. It's known as pasteli in Greece, croquant in France and gachak or chikki in India. Peanut brittle is one of life's greatest pleasures.
Together, they mix to create an excellent treat perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth. Set candy thermometer in place, and continue cooking. Dolle's Candyland manufactures all of its wonderful brittles in our kitchen on "the Boards" of Ocean City. You can have Peanut candy (peanut brittle) using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut candy (peanut brittle)
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need of I cup peanut (groundnut).
- It’s sticks of Popsicle.
Each batch of brittle is made with the finest ingredients including spanish peanuts and fresh creamery butter. Butter a rimmed baking sheet; set aside. Our unique recipe has been handed down, improved, and protected over the years. The result is a confection with a soft, flaky consistency and a rich, creamy peanut butter flavor.
Peanut candy (peanut brittle) step by step
- In a pot add the sugar, then 1 cup water, stir until dissolved. Cover & let sugar cook.
- Open and stir the sugar, it should have become stick after 10-15m of cooking, once it starts turning Amber, like caramel color, stir then add the peanuts.
- Layer a parchment paper, & arrange the sticks, pour the candied peanut onto the parchment paper & stick..
- Allow to cool before removing from the paper. I garnished with some pistachio nuts.
Lay out several sheets of foil to spoon the hot peanut brittle onto. In a large skillet mix the sugar, syrup, and water together. Cook at a medium-high heat, stirring regularly. Heat until the mixture has a hard ball consistency. Peanut Brittle is a crispy, crunchy candy treat that is loaded with peanuts for a sweet and salty goodie to enjoy.