Gur ki Gajak or Jaggery Peanut Brittle. Add Gur / Jaggery; keep the heat on slow flame. Now let the gur melt until it is golden brown. Add saunf / fennel seeds to the mixture along with peanuts.
Cool down the mixture, until it is hard. Peanut Jaggery Brittle (Gur Moongphali ki Chikki): simple Indian brittle recipe using peanuts, jaggery and ground aromatic spices. Peanut Jaggery Brittle (Gur Moongphali ki Chikki)" and did I mention that "jaggery" is great for our health. You can have Gur ki Gajak or Jaggery Peanut Brittle using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gur ki Gajak or Jaggery Peanut Brittle
- It’s 1 cup of Jaggery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Roasted Peanuts (remove the peel).
- It’s 2 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Ghee.
I'm always looking out for healthy and simple snacks, especially one's which can be stored. Peanut Chikki is a popular Indian sweet. Most westerners call it groundnut or peanut brittle. Most people know it as the Lonavala chikki.
Gur ki Gajak or Jaggery Peanut Brittle step by step
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan, Add gur/jaggery.Let it melt until Golden brown. Add saunf / fennel seeds to the mixture along with roasted peanuts..
- Now on a foil paper, sprinkle ghee and lay it down on the flat surface. pour the mixture on foil paper and spread it well.Cool down the mixture, until it is hard..
- Let it cool down and it will become hard. Serve this by breaking into small pieces..
Made very popular by the pit-stop joints while travelling from Mumbai to Pune. Ghats of Lonavala and Khandala and some chikki for munching. Peanut Chikki or Peanut Brittle is one of the most popular Indian brittle recipes. This chikki is a mash-up of peanuts and jaggery, prepared in a sweet candy like crispy bars. Peanut Chikki or Groundnut Chikki is one of the most exciting forms of savoring winter jewels 'jaggery and peanuts' together.