Chocolate covered caramel nut brittle. Allow mixture to cool while you melt your chocolate. Place chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Up front is the well-balanced dark chocolate, followed closely by the sweet and savory caramel notes of that crunchy, crispy brittle.
Tilt pan to spread mixture evenly. In a small bowl combine the cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds. Set baking pan on a wire rack. You can cook Chocolate covered caramel nut brittle using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate covered caramel nut brittle
- It’s 227 grams of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 200 grams of 80% chocolate (about 1 cup).
- It’s 1/2 cup of almonds.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of peanuts.
Cool completely and break into large pieces to serve. Pour the caramel on top of the chocolate pieces and nuts on the baking sheet and spread it out so it is about the same thickness throughout. Store leftovers in a plastic container for up to a few weeks. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot crackers.
Chocolate covered caramel nut brittle instructions
- Combine butter, salt and sugar in a pot and set on medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally, and towards the end, constantly to keep the caramel from sticking.
- Keep heating and stirring until the mixture reaches 300°F.
- Meanwhile, roast, skin and chop up peanuts to taste. Also, roast and slightly burn almonds, and chop up the chocolate into small bits.
- Once the caramel mixture hits 300F, add peanuts, stirring constantly and remove from heat..
- Pour mixture onto a heat resistant silicon baking sheet and pat down with a heat resistant spatula to form a thin (about 1.5cm thick) layer. Shape into a rectangle spreading it almost up to the edges of the baking sheet..
- Let cool for a minute, then spread the almonds over top.
- After another minute, spread the chocolate, and spread out with a spatula. It should melt after a few minutes – spread over the entire surface of the nut brittle..
- Allow to cool completely before breaking up into pieces. Store in the fridge. If you can fit your cookie sheet in the fridge, you can speed up the cooling process in there..
Quickly stir in cocoa, baking soda and vanilla until combined. Pour over the peanut brittle and spread evenly covering the top. Allow to cool completely or place in fridge to speed up the process. Once the chocolate has hardened, snap brittle into pieces and serve. This seasonal treat is available in one pound containers..