Dad's Incredible Microwave Peanut Brittle. Next, take the bowl out and stir. Place bowl back in the microwave for three more minutes. In a large glass measuring cup, or microwave safe container, combine sugar and corn syrup.
Pour onto cookie sheet and spread thin. In a glass bowl, combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Quickly stir in baking soda, just until mixture is foamy. You can cook Dad's Incredible Microwave Peanut Brittle using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dad's Incredible Microwave Peanut Brittle
- You need 1 cup of unsalted peanuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn syrup.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
So this presents an issue that is common with making any sort of desserts in the microwave. Whether you are whipping up a batch of Microwave Caramel Corn or Snack Mix, it is important to have a grasp on the power of your small appliance. Stir in peanuts using wooden spoon. Add butter & vanilla and blend well.
Dad's Incredible Microwave Peanut Brittle step by step
- In 8 cup Pyrex measuring cup, stir together peanuts, sugar, syrup and salt..
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir well and microwave for 3 minutes more..
- Stir in the butter and vanilla..
- Microwave 1-1/2 minutes longer..
- Add baking soda and quickly stir until light and foamy..
- IMMEDIATELY pour into lightly greased cookie sheet, spreading out thin..
- Cool; break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container..
- Yield: about 1 lb..
Add baking soda and mix until mixture is light and foamy. Pour very quickly onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container. Unlike many of those early recipes this one holds up.… This Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle has been in my family for a long time and I've been making it myself for years. I make this peanut brittle every year for the holidays and it always tastes amazing!