Microwave Peanut Brittle. Stir in baking soda until light and foamy. Pour onto cookie sheet and spread thin. Add baking soda and mix well, mixture will foam.
Mix sugar and corn syrup together in a microwaveable bowl safe for high temperatures. Stir peanuts and butter into sugar mixture. Remove from microwave and stir in remaining ingredients adding baking soda last (mix will be foamy). You can cook Microwave Peanut Brittle using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Light corn syrup.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Salted peanuts (dry roasted).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking soda.
Stir quickly and pour onto wax paper. This microwave peanut brittle is a perfect easy holiday treat, without any stove top, or oven involved. It's a great way to get a golden, crunchy, addictive peanut brittle with less worry, and less time at the stove! It's the perfect delicate, easy to chew peanut brittle, that is a little salty, a lot sweet, and so addictive!
Microwave Peanut Brittle instructions
- In a microwavable, 2-quart dish, combine corn syrup and sugar; blend well. Cook in microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir in nuts and salt, return to microwave, and cook for 4 more minutes on high..
- Add butter and vanilla; blend well. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes on high..
- Remove from microwave and add baking soda, stirring until light and foamy..
- Pour onto a lightly greased cookie sheet or marble slab, spreading as thin as possible..
- Cool completely and break into pieces..
The peanut brittle receipt is easy to follow for the microwave. The only problem we have is spreading the brittle on the cookie sheet. It cools down do quick that it's hard to spread. Can anyone give me hints on spreading the brittle so that's it's thin. Remove the peanut mixture from the microwave and stir in the vanilla and baking soda. (Be careful, as the mixture will bubble up.) Immediately pour the mixture into the prepared pan, spreading it with the prepared spatula.