Kats peanut brittle. See recipes for Kats peanut brittle, Peanut Brittle too. Lay out several sheets of foil to spoon the hot peanut brittle onto. In a large skillet mix the sugar, syrup, and water together.
View the full recipe at eatsybitsydaisy.com. Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle Recipe Foods with a high sugar content, such as peanut brittle, tend to draw moisture from the air, so try to make this candy when the weather is sunny and dry rather than humid or rainy. Stir together sugar, corn syrup, water, butter, salt, and butter flavor. You can have Kats peanut brittle using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kats peanut brittle
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of corn syrup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter cubes.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of unsalted roasted peanuts.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
Bring to simmer on medium heat and place lid on pot for one minute then remove lid. This will steam all sugar crystals on side of the pot and they will slide down into the mixture. Place a candy thermometer in pan and continue to cook on medium heat stirring. Combine sugar, molasses, water and salt in a heavy saucepan.
Kats peanut brittle instructions
- Combine 2 cups sugar, 1 cup corn syrup, 1/2 cup water & 1/2 tsp salt. In a large pot stirring constantly until boiling with a wooden spoon..
- Add 1/2 cup cubed butter & 2 1/2 cups peanuts. Stir stir stir! Stir until until peanuts are completely coated in the candy mixture.
- Keep cooking and stirring until your candy thermometer reads 300° F. You want it brown and thick like peanut butter.
- Add 1 Tbsp vanilla and 1 tsp baking soda. It will cause the mixture to bubble up. Stir quickly.
- Pour mixture onto a wax paper cookie sheet. Let cool for an hour. Then break it up using a kitchen mallet..
Stir in butter and immediately remove from heat. Pour onto greased marble slab or stoneware platter and let cool. Nestle are committed to providing our most popular chocolate bars — KIT KAT, COFFEE CRISP, AERO and SMARTIES — in snack size formats that are made in a Peanut Free Facility. Rigorous quality control and testing programs ensure that no peanut/nuts or peanut/nut-containing ingredients are used in the process. I would love to make peanut brittle for holiday gifts along with my other candy regulars.