Jalebi. Fill the jalebi batter in a muslin cloth and pierce a small hole in the cloth. Squeeze the muslin cloth to make concentric circles. Move from inside to outside to make perfect circles.
It is made by deep-frying maida flour (plain flour or all-purpose flour) batter in pretzel or circular shapes, which are then soaked in sugar syrup. This dessert can be served warm or cold. Learn how to make Jalebi that are crispy, juicy & delicious. You can cook Jalebi using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jalebi
- You need 2 cup of Maida.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Hung curd.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of Ghee.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cornflour.
- You need 2 cup of Sunflower oil.
- Prepare 3 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of edible yellow/orange food colour.
- It’s 1 pinch of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare strand of Few saffron.
Jalebi is one of the most popular desserts from Indian subcontinent. Similar to Gulab jamun, jalebi too makes its appearance during weddings, celebrations & festivals. Jalebi making is an art and the reward you get at the end of it is sweet – quite literally! The crisp sugary spirals taste brilliant served piping hot along with chilled rabdi.
- For making this easy dessert recipe,mix maida…baking soda…cornflour together in a bowl..Now add ghee and hung curd..
- To make a thick batter use water…mix well until it is thick but has a slightly thick consistency..
- Keep it aside by covering it with lid for 10-12 hours or for overnight to ferment…
- To make the sugar syrup,heat water in a pan and add sugar,later on add a pinch of food colour to syrup to give it a nice colour.Simmer the syrup until it attains one string consistency..add little bit cardamom powder and few saffron strand.
- In the morning,or after 12 hours…once again mix the batter well and add a pinch of yellow colour into it..
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.fill the batter in the muslin cloth or in plastic cone and pierce a small hole in the cloth or in the plastic cone.
- Squeeze the plastic cone to make concentric circles..move from inside to outside to make perfect circles..fry till jalebis are crisp and golden..
- Now the jalebi in sugar syrup only for 2..3 minutes…ensure that the sugar syrup is only warm…not too hot..now remove from the syrup and place it on a foil aur in butter paper and serve it with rabri aur dahi😊.
Traditionally a muslin cloth with a hole in it is used to make the spirals in hot oil, but using a squeezy bottle makes it much simpler. Homemade jalebi is a crispy, deep-fried treat that's beloved across India, and boasts a delicious flavor, thanks to a dip in a fragrant saffron and cardamom syrup. Other than a deliciously decadent dessert, it is a technology company that is working really hard with folks in the food industry to understand and solve a fundamental problem that starts in the kitchen and ends on a plate – operational efficacy and profitability with easy streamlined intervention by technology. Jalebis are small, bright yellow, web-shaped cakes similar to funnel cakes. They are popular celebration and street cakes in Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, and India.