Homemade jalebis. Now, add ghee and food colour to the above mixture. To make a thick batter add hung curd and water. Mix well until it is thick but has a slightly flowing consistency.
Add yogurt to the dry ingredients and blend them all together to make a thick batter by adding very little water. While oil heats, make the jalebi batter: Whisk together flour and cornstarch in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Indian jalebi is made by deep-frying maida flour batter in a flower-like circular shape, and then it is dipped into the sugar syrup. You can have Homemade jalebis using 15 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade jalebis
- You need 1 of sauce bottle or zip lock bag.
- It’s of for jalebi.
- It’s 1 CUP of All-purpose FLOUR (125gm).
- You need 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 1/4 TSP of TURMERIC OR NATURAL COLOUR.
- It’s 200 gm of PLAIN Yoghurt.
- You need 120 ml of WATER (or more).
- Prepare 1/3 TBSP of BAKING SODA.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need of GHEE / OIL AS REQUIRED.
- You need of For sugar syrup.
- It’s 200 gm of SUGAR.
- It’s 120-180 ml of WATER.
- Prepare 1 pinch of saffron or kesar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cardamom powder.
These jalebis would stay crispy for hours, so you can easily make them in advance. Method In a large bowl mix together flour (maida), chickpea flour (besan), baking powder and baking soda. Add yogurt, cardamom powder and mix Add food color (if using) and water to form a flowing consistency batter. The batter should not be too thick or thin.
Homemade jalebis step by step
- Add sugar and water to a pot.
- Boil the same in medium heat until it reaches 1string consistency..
- Take it in between your thumb and forefinger, gently move the fingers away from each other you must see a single string..
- Pour lemon juice, cardamom powder and Saffron, remove from heat stir and set aside..
- If your syrup goes beyond the stage, Sprinkle some water and mix it and again check it's consistency..
- Add Maida, turmeric,corn flour to a mixing bowl..
- Mux the ingredients well until uniform..
- Add curd.
- Pour water..
- Mix them and make a lump batter with flowing consistency..
- Beat the batter well with whisk in one direction in a circular motion for 4 minutes until the batter becomes smoothy..
- Heat Oil on a medium heat to Friday jalebis and at 1-2 tablespoon of ghee in it..
- Add 1tsp lemon juice to the batter and mix and add baking soda to it and mix it gently..
- After checking the batter consistency add the batter in a sauce bottle..
- After the oil is hot enough, squeeze the bottle gently and move in circular motion to get spiral shape of the jalebi, if the jalebis are thick then the batter is still thick and if you are getting thin jalebi, the the batter is thin..
- Make sure that the syrup is still warm or hot..
- Deep the crispy fried jalebi in the sugar syrup..
- Wait for 2 to 3 minute and then move the jalebi from the sugar syrup into a plate..
- Serve jalebi hot..
Lift the Jalebis out of the ghee with a slotted spoon or tongs, draining out any excess ghee and put them straight into the warm sugar syrup, pressing them gently into the syrup to soak. Lift them out of the syrup after half a minute and serve immediately. Video Notes How is jalebi made Traditionally it is made with a fermented batter of all purpose flour, gram flour (besan), baking soda and water. This fermented batter is then poured in concentric circles in hot oil and deep-fried. Then these fried spirals are soaked in sugar syrup for a few minutes and later served.