Instant Jalebis (without fermentation). Fermentation method – A batter is prepared using all-purpose flour and water. hen it is kept overnight to ferment well and a sour taste comes in the batter. This is method is the traditional one to make jalebi. Instant method – Instant means no fermentation is required here.
With very few ingredients this could be made anytime at home, especially during Indian festival times like Diwali and holi people love to have these. In a mixing bowl, add maida/APF, arrowroot powder/cornstarch, Turmeric/Saffron powder, baking soda and yogurt/curd. Add very little water and combine all the ingredients together to form a thick paste. You can have Instant Jalebis (without fermentation) using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Jalebis (without fermentation)
- You need 1 cup of All-purpose flour or Maida.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cornflour.
- You need 1 tsp of Gram Flour or Besan.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Yoghurt.
- It’s 1 pinch of Yellow food colour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Water or less.
- You need of For THE SUGAR SYRUP -.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
The batter should not be too thick. It should be of a dropping consistency. jalebi recipe This sticky, sugary, spice-tinged jalebi mithai is an all-time favourite in West and North India. It is so popular that for many, by default dessert means Jalebi!
Instant Jalebis (without fermentation) instructions
- Prepare a thick but flowing consistency batter out of all the ingredients. The addition of water depends on the quality of the flour used. So use it accordingly. Keep it covered for about 30 minutes. Heat oil on low heat. Do not bring it to a smoking point. Start making the swirls in a clockwise fashion. (The oil should be hot and keep the heat on a low to medium-high heat only.).
- Make a single consistency Sugar syrup and keep it warm. If possible keep it on low heat. As soon as you fry them. Start dipping each Jalebi in the warm sugar syrup for a minute or so. And then remove onto a serving platter. Serve them hot with Cream or Rabri or just as it is..
Deep-fried in ghee and resplendent with the goodness of saffron and cardamom, Jalebi is as rich as. An authentic way to make jalebi involves adding yeast or hours of fermentation of the batter. So you have to plan ahead for making it. In the Instant method, you add baking powder or Eno fruit salt to make jalebis crispy and taste just like the traditional one without any wait time. Why do I make Jalebis at.