Sweet Jalebi. Make this Indian Sweet Jalebi recipe this holiday season for a unique dessert idea that will have everyone begging for more. This crispy, sweet, and addictive classic Indian dessert is reminiscent of the American funnel cake. Sharing a quintessential Indian classic holiday dessert which is crispy, sweet, comforting and very addictive.
Jalebi is a warm crispy, delicious treat. It can best be described as funnel cake. In my home town jalebi was served for the breakfast treat like pancakes. You can have Sweet Jalebi using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Jalebi
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of refined flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of gram flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of saffron strands.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare As required of Clarified butter (ghee) for deep frying.
- Prepare For of garnish:.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamon powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of almond and pistachio.
It was a treat to have jalebi and kachori for a hearty breakfast. Jalebi was mostly eaten by themselves, but some time we soaked the jalebi in warm milk and that. Learn how to make Jalebi that are crispy, juicy & delicious. Jalebi is one of the most popular desserts from Indian subcontinent.
Sweet Jalebi instructions
- Mix lemon juice and a cup of warm water..
- Now add refined flour,gram flour to the water and lemon juice. Use your hands to mix..
- Keep the bowl in a warm place for 8 minutes. Cover it with a lid and let it ferment..
- After it gets fermented, again mix the batter with your hands..
- Now prepare sugar syrup using sugar and 1.5 cups of water. Boil on a high flame in a deep flame..
- Prepare mixture of saffron strands and 1 tbsp water. Add half of it to the sugar syrup and remaining to the batter..
- Spread the JALEBI cloth on a large bowl and pour the batter..
- Pipe the batter in coil shape in a hot ghee. Fry it on medium flame till the jalebis are golden brown from the both sides..
- Transfer the jalebis immediately from ghee to sugar syrup. Let it remain in the syrup for a minute..
- Pull it out and serve it. Garnish it with cardamon powder and mixed nuts.
Similar to Gulab jamun, jalebi too makes its appearance during weddings, celebrations & festivals. Home of Premium Indian Sweets and Foods, specializing in catering, gift packages, and party trays. In addition to restaurants and gourmet markets nationwide, we supply our products to airlines, hotels, financial corporations, pharma companies, and cruises. Fill the jalebi batter in a muslin cloth and pierce a small hole in the cloth. Squeeze the muslin cloth to make concentric circles.