Instant Jalebi. To make instant jalebi, first we need to make the sugar syrup. Add saffron-milk mixture and rose water and mix well. Step by step method to make Instant Jalebi at home.
Slowly add in the water, a little at a time to form medium consistency pourable batter. Batter consistency should be like the one for dosas. instant jalebi recipe This instant Jalebi batter doesn't need fermentation so you cannot make it in advance. You can cook Instant Jalebi using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Jalebi
- It’s of For Jalebi batter.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour (maida).
- It’s 1/2 cup of curd.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of orange food colour.
- It’s As needed of water.
- It’s of For Sugar syrup.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 pinch of saffron strands.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s of Other Ingredients.
- It’s As needed of ghee for deep frying.
If you want thin, very crispy Jalebis then use a very small nozzle to drop the batter in the pan. Home made JalebiMusic: www.hooksounds.com Instant Jalebi Recipe: Jalebi is the Indian dessert that people do not forget to include on special occasions like weddings, Diwali or any other big celebration. Just like Rasgulla, and gulab jamun, it is also a famous dessert. You may also like: Moong Dal ka Halwa Recipe People love to have it as an evening snack along with tea and samosa.
Instant Jalebi step by step
- Take maida in a mixing bowl. Add curd, baking powder and salt. Mix well..
- Add water little by little to make a smooth thick batter with pouring consistency..
- Beat the batter well with a whisk in round or circular direction for 3-4 minutes to get it more smooth..
- Now add a pinch of orange food colour and mix it up with the batter well. Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile in a deep pan bring water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn the heat to low and stir continuously until the sugar dissolves completely and the syrup is clear with a sticky consistency. Add saffron strands, cardamom powder and mix well. Remove from the heat and set aside. Keep the syrup warm..
- Now pour the batter in a squeeze bottle or icing bag carefully..
- Heat sufficient ghee in a deep pan on medium heat..
- Then squeeze the bottle gently over the hot ghee in a circular motion and make round spirals with the batter..
- Either start from the centre and move outside or vice versa..
- Fry the jalebis till they are evenly golden and crisp..
- Remove the jalebis from pan and add to the warm sugar syrup directly. Allow to rest for 2 minutes..
- Take them out of the syrup and serve hot..
Instant jalebi is a succulent, crunchy and melt in mouth spiral pancakes soaked in saffron syrup. Jalebi are very similar to funnel cake. Traditionally jalebi are deep-fried in ghee (clarified butter) but to make it healthy I have used soybean oil and olive. Jalebi is very popular sweet in India. I am so happy to share instant and tradtional Jalebi recipe here.