You can have Jalebi Rabri using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jalebi Rabri
- It’s of For Batter.
- It’s 1 cup of Maida.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Plain Yoghurt.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need As needed of Few drops of orange gel food color (optional).
- It’s as needed of Water.
- It’s of To Fry.
- It’s as needed of Ghee.
- Prepare as needed of Veg oil.
- Prepare of For Sugar Syrup.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Water.
- Prepare strands of Few Saffron.
- You need 2-3 of Crushed Green Cardamom (Optional).
- You need of For Garnishing.
- You need as required of Pistachio Powdered / Slivers (optional).
- You need As required of Rose petals (optional).
- You need as needed of Edible Silver Leaf (optional).
- You need of Rabdi/ Rabdi.
- Prepare as required of Follow this recipe (see recipe).
Jalebi Rabri instructions
- For Sugar Syrup : Mix everything except lemon juice, when it starts boiling add in the lemon juice (The lemon juice prevents syrup from crystallising), cook till it reached one string consistency. I add saffron in the beginning to get intense color of it. Keep it aside. When you dip the fried Jalebi, it should be at least lukewarm and not totally cold..
- For Jalebis- Mix in all ingredients except the water, keep for 5-10 minutes. Then add water and make a lump free freeflow batter but not runny and whisk it to incorporate air and make it light and fluffy..
- Heat a mix of ghee and oil in a shallow wide pan. Pour the batter in a squeeze bottle or a piping get and make a small cut at the end. Squeeze out the batter and form swirls, round and round and try to give it the Jalebi shapes. Flip and fry on both side till it's crispy and gets an orangish golden color. Take the help of wooden chopsticks/ skewer and slotted spoon to flip and fry..
- Immediately dip it in sugar syrup for 3-4 minutes, flipping sides. Drain the excess syrup before placing on the plate. Serve warm with milk or Rabri or have it alone by itself. Garnish with Pistachio and edible silver leaf (optional). Note: If you want another design you can make that too. Do not overheat the ghee/ oil..