Rava kesari /sheera/suji halwa/kesaribath. Rava kesari It is a south indian version of suji halwa but this is more tempeting then the other one. Do try thus recipe n comment me how u lyk it. While making rava kesari, artificial kesari color is added to impart a bright orange color to the dessert.
Sheera or Suji halwa is another dessert. Rava sheera/suji ka halwa (with jaggery). rava•milk•water•Elaichi•dry fruits (almond and cashew)•Ghee•jaggery powder. Having said that, there is absolutely no rule against you having it at any other time as well. You can have Rava kesari /sheera/suji halwa/kesaribath using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rava kesari /sheera/suji halwa/kesaribath
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Rava/Sooji/Semolina.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 Cups of Water boiling.
- Prepare 5 tsp of Ghee.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- You need As needed of Saffron strands.
- It’s Pinch of yellow food colour(optiona).
- It’s as required of Cashews.
The beautiful texture of this dessert is absolutely stunning, along with the crunch of the dry fruits and. Suji Halwa or Sheera is a rich, tasty North Indian recipe that is made with semolina, ghee, sugar and is overly simple to make. Choice Of Suji: Utilize the fine variety of suji for making halwa as it will give you a smooth-tasting flavored halwa. This Indian dessert is popular through out the country.
Rava kesari /sheera/suji halwa/kesaribath step by step
- Roast cashews in 1 tsp ghee & keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the rava and roast until you get a nice aroma and the rava changes colour to light golden..
- Add the boiling water to the pan and stir. Take care there are no lumps formed keep in low flame. Cook covered for 3-4 minutes or until the rava is cooked..
- Add the sugar and yellow colour, keep the flame low, and stir well..
- Then Add the cardamom powder,kesar,roasted cashews and remaining ghee..
- Cook till the Sheera comes together for about 4-5 minutes.Serve hot.
This is very simple recipe and goes well with all occasions. This is made with Suji also called as Semolina, Bombay Rava. This is originated in Karnataka and called as Kesari Bhath. The word Kesari refers to the color saffron. Hotel Style Rasila Rava Kesari Sooji Halwa Sooji Sheera for Vsant Panchmi.