Moong Daal and Elaichi Halwa. Transfer on to a serving dish, decorate the Moong Dal Halwa with the rest of the almonds and serve hot. Soak moong dal overnight and make a fine paste. Take pan and pour ghee, heat it.
Now add powdered moong dal and roast again to evaporate excess moisture. Moong Dal Halwa – a classic Rajasthani dessert, specially made in winters. Moong Dal Halwa is a calorie rich dessert made with moong dal, ghee, sugar and milk. You can cook Moong Daal and Elaichi Halwa using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moong Daal and Elaichi Halwa
- You need 1 cup of Moong Daal.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fine sooji.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Pure cow Ghee.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- It’s 10-12 of Cashews.
- You need 10-12 of Raisins.
- You need 4 – 5 of Saffron threads dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot milk.
- It’s 1/2- 3/4 cup of Milk (Hot).
- You need 2 drops of Yellow food colour by choice.
It is generally prepared in winter season as it is known to keep the body warm. However, it can be made for any festive occasion or whenever […] The Low Calorie Moong Dal Halwa Recipe is an idol if you want to enjoy goodness of Moong Dal Halwa without the consuming the of tons of calories that most often goes into a halwa. This halwa recipe is great for the festive season when all of us want to consume dishes that are healthy and not too heavy on the tummy as well. Serve Moong Dal Halwa Recipe (A Low Calorie Version) with a one.
Moong Daal and Elaichi Halwa instructions
- First, wash the moong Daal properly in water 3 to 4 times. Soak it for 2 hours. Then drain and grind to a coarse paste using very little water..
- Then heat a non-stick pan. Add ghee. Then lightly fry cashews and raisins in it and remove. Then add sooji and lightly roast it till aromatic..
- Then add the moong daal coarsely ground in the sooji and roast it on low flame while stirring till it is aromatic..
- It may take 10 to 15 minutes. Then add 2 tablespoons more ghee and further roast for 5 minutes. Now add the hot milk slowly..
- Keep stirring till you get a thick paste. Cook for 5 minutes. Now add sugar and cook till it dissolves..
- When the sugar melts, add 2 tablespoons ghee and let it cook while stirring to ensure even browning..
- Lastly add the cardamom powder and saffron mixed in warm milk. Add yellow food colour if liked. Mix well..
- After 5 minutes of mixing and cooking, add half of dry fruits, combine and pour in greased tray. Garnish with chopped cashews. Let it set and then cut in squares or set the Halwa in silicon molds in different shapes. Or serve as it is as a royal dessert..
Here is the easiest way to make this halwa recipe explained in detail with video! This Moong Dal Halwa recipe is a must-try for every halwa lover. Moong dal halwa is a tasty sweet dish made with ghee and moong lentils. Not only delicious, but this moong dal halwa recipe is also full of healthy proteins. Moong dal halwa or moong ki daal ka halwa is a special occasion sweet recipe made using soaked moong dal and can also be made without soaking moong dal.