Beetroot halwa. Find the World's Best Value on Your Favorite Vitamins, Supplements & Much More. Rinse, peel and grate the beetroots. Take the grated beetroots in a thick bottomed kadai or pan.
Beets are highly nutritious and great for cardiovascular health. Its nutrition benefits come particularly from fibre, vitamins, minerals, and unique plant derived antioxidants. Serve the Beetroot halwa as a quick and healthy dessert for parties or occasions with. Beetroot Halwa – a delicious dessert prepared from nutrition rich beetroot, has a rich and creamy texture and tastes similar to Carrot Halwa (Gajar Halwa). You can have Beetroot halwa using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beetroot halwa
- You need 1 of large beetroot (steamed).
- You need of For making khoya.
- You need 200 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of Stored malai.
- You need 1/4 of th cup milk powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- It’s of For making sugar powder.
- It’s 85 g of sugar (adjust as needed).
- You need 5 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare of For making beetroot halwa.
- Prepare of Steamed and coarsely grinded beetroot.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of + 1 tsp ghee (homemade) (see recipe).
- Prepare 1/4 of th cup prepared khoya.
- It’s 1/4 of th cup sooji.
- You need 100 ml of milk (add gradually).
- Prepare Handful of cashewnuts and kishmish.
Preparing this delicious dessert at home in traditional way is very simple and requires just three ingredients – beetroot, milk and sugar. To make Beetroot Halwa in a pressure cooker, add milk and beetroot in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook for one whistle on high heat and one on low heat. beetroot ka halwa with step by step photo and video recipe. indian sweets and dessert recipes are very common and are made with myriad ingredients. but one common ingredient is the locally available vegetable which is used as a main or primary ingredient. one such vegetable-based dessert recipe is beetroot root halwa known for its caramelised.
Beetroot halwa instructions
- Steam the beetroot. Keep aside. Next prepare khoya. In a pan, put milk, milk powder. Mix well. It must be lump free. Put on slow flame and cook. Next add the stored malai. Just blend once in mixer and add that. Stir intermittently. Add essence and mix. Go on cooking till you get khoya consistency..
- Next take the steamed beetroot, add little water and grind into a coarse paste. Instead you can also use a grater and grate it. Depends on preference..
- Now next, take a kadhai, put oil and heat it. Add the beetroot, fry for sometime. Then add sooji..
- Mix and cook at slow flame till the rawness of beetroot is totally gone. Add the prepared khoya..
- Mix well. Add milk and continue cooking at slow flame..
- As it getting cooked, prepare the sugar powder. Add sugar, cardamoms and salt, grind into a fine powder. As halwa is getting cooked, add the sugar powder..
- Mix. Add some more milk. Mix and continue cooking. Add ghee and continue cooking..
- As it is getting cooked. Fry the cashews and kishmish in ghee..
- Add the fried cashews and kishmish. Mix all well and continue cooking till the halwa leaves the pan. You get a nice aroma too..
Beetroot halwa recipe – This beetroot halwa is one of the best summer desserts when served chilled. Creamy, delicious and a filling dessert that can even be served to toddlers or kids after school and is quite filling. Halva or halwa is a sweet or dessert, mostly made using flour, semolina, lentils, nuts or grated veggies like carrot, pumpkin, gourd. Then add milk and bring it to a simmer. Continue cooking with stirring often to avoid sticking and burning.