Sooji Halwa – Pakistani style Semolina Halwa. Halwa is a trendy dessert prepared throughout the world and tastes absolutely divine. It comes in different variations by a slight change of ingredients, including almonds, cashew nuts, carrot, lentil, and sooji. It takes almost twenty minutes to prepare the classic Pakistani Sooji halwa recipe.
I wasn't much of a halwa puri breakfast fan as the fried pooris dont sit very well with my. This Sooji Halwa is a classic Pakistani dessert but as with the others I've made in the past, it was always shrouded in mystery. I didn't even know what the halwa was made of until now. You can cook Sooji Halwa – Pakistani style Semolina Halwa using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sooji Halwa – Pakistani style Semolina Halwa
- It’s 2 ½ cups of Milk Whole –.
- Prepare 100 grams of Butter –.
- Prepare 1 of Egg –.
- Prepare 3 – 4 tbsps of coconut Dried – flaked -.
- You need 12 – 14 of Raisins –.
- You need 12 – 14 of Almonds – – chopped.
- Prepare 2 – 3 of Edible Silver – leaves.
Now, I know it's made with semolina which is a type of wheat. Halwa is a famous dessert that is prepared all over the world with various ingredients and in countless forms. Tips to make best sooji halwa. The best sooji ka halwa is soft, moist, not at all dry and lumpy.
Sooji Halwa – Pakistani style Semolina Halwa step by step
- Melt the butter in a pan and add Semolina to it. Mix it. It will become like wet sand..
- Cook on high heat till semolina changes color and you can smell fragrance of the cooked semolina. It’s similar to cooked flour in butter for béchamel sauce..
- Add raisins to semolina..
- Mix half the milk with the beaten egg. Remove the pan from the heat and add the milk-egg mixture and mix vigorously. Put the pan back on high heat and mix further. Now add the remaining milk and sugar. Mix further..
- Keep mixing till the milk dries up and the halwa starts sticking together like a bread loaf. This would take about 3-5 mins..
- Remove from the heat and take it out in a tray lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly and let it cool. The cooking time for halwa is about 15 mins in all..
- Once cooled, sprinkle with chopped almonds and coconut. Cut in bite size pieces and dress them with edible silver..
- Serve warm with tea..
The key to the best Punjabi halwa is properly roasted semolina. What makes suji halwa soft is fully puffed semolina grains. To attain that cook sooji on low heat. Add more water if sooji water is dried and but not puffed. It is very tasty and very easy to make at home.