Sooji Halwa. Suji ka halwa recipe with video and step-by-step photos. The recipe I have shared is a family heirloom recipe. Suji Ka Halwa Recipe – About Suji Ka Halwa Recipe
I remember eating bowls of sooji halwa during Navratri! What is Sooji Halwa This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families; because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time. After prayer Halwa is served to devotees as a blessing. You can cook Sooji Halwa using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sooji Halwa
- You need 1 cup of sooji fine (semolina flour).
- It’s 2 tbsps of butter clarified.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry fruit powder (grinded almond, cashew nuts,walnut, cardamom).
Sooji halwa is one of the easiest and quickest halwa. The ingredients are all staple in the Indian kitchen. Semolina: Semolina is a coarse flour made from durum wheat. Durum wheat is different from whole wheat or common wheat.
Sooji Halwa step by step
- Take a pan, add sooji and clarified butter.
- Roast it until some bubbles are visible in the mixture, it may take approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Add sugar, milk and dry fruit powder and mix it well.
- Stir it continuously till it absorbs milk and the mixture will not stick the boundary wall of pan* (It takes approximately 15 minutes).
- Turn off the stove.
- Take a dish and grease it with clarified butter.
- Spread the mixture in the dish and smoothen the top surface with bottom of the bowl or a big spoon, if needed grease bottom of the bowl with clarified butter.
- Keep it aside for 2 minutes, cut it into square pieces.
- Let it cool down for minimum 15 minutes, take pieces out carefully using spatuala.
- Note: If milk is absorbed and still mixture doesn’t leave the boundary wall, add 1 tsp clarified butter and then mixture will not stick to the boundary.
Suji Ka Halwa, also known as Sheera is a simple Indian semolina pudding, made with basic ingredients – semolina, sugar, and ghee. Suji Ka Halwa or Sooji Halwa is a popular Indian dessert which is especially prepared during various festivals and religious functions. During festivals -Navratra Puja aka Navratri Puja or Durga Puja, Vijayadashmi aka Dusshera, Diwali etc Suji Halwa is served along with other festive food items – Puri, Kala Chana, Aloo Ki Sabji, Jeera Aloo and Boondi Raita or Kaddu Raita (Pumpkin Raita). Like most recipe's on our page this is very easy to make recipe, the key is to knowing when the Sooji/Semolina is done cooking and has absorbed enough water. Halwa is a trendy dessert prepared throughout the world and tastes absolutely divine.