Sooji Custard Halwa. In Pakistan and India, semolina is used for such sweets as Suji Halwa and Rava Kesari. Such a preparation is also a popular dessert in Greece (halvas) and Cyprus (halvas or helva). In Greece, the dessert galaktoboureko is made by making a custard from the semolina and then wrapping it in phyllo sheets.
Place over moderate heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to very low and cover with a tight-fitting lid. When the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat. You can cook Sooji Custard Halwa using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sooji Custard Halwa
- Prepare 1/2 litre of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of sooji (semolina).
- You need 6 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tbsp. custard powder (any flavour).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of ghee.
- It’s 2 of green cardamoms.
- You need 1-2 tbsp. of pistachios & cashews, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of rose water (opt).
Method: Take a heavy bottom pan, add in custard powder, sugar and water, Mix well so now lumps are formed. Now put this on high heat and keep whisking till it is thick, glossy and jelly like. Now use a spoon to mix and put the heat on medium heat. Add a tblspn of ghee and keep mixing.
Sooji Custard Halwa step by step
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cardamoms, followed by the sooji. Roast till you get a nice aroma..
- Add the powdered sugar and………the chopped nuts (keep aside few for garnishing)..
- Add the milk and simmer on a low flame till it turns slightly thick..
- Add the custard mix and combine well..
- It will thicken gradually. Switch off the flame and add the rose water..
- Serve, garnished with the remaining chopped nuts..
The custard apple fusion halwa is not a traditional halwa that we make on regular days. However, the process is similar to the famous suji ka halwa because suji, aka semolina, is the base ingredient. So, what's different about this custard apple halwa recipe? Custard Powder Halwa, a very easy sweet that you can make with very little ghee and unlike other sweets and halwas this custard powder halwa doesn't have any major consistency checks so its very easy for beginners as well. I have already tried cornflour halwa and this is another variation with custard powder.