Sooji Besan Halwa (Rava Gramflour Pudding) – Dessert Recipe. Great recipe for Sooji Besan Halwa (Rava Gramflour Pudding) – Dessert Recipe. Halwa is a sweet pudding made from cereals, vegetable, fruits with loads of ghee and lots of dry fruits like cashews, almonds, pistachios. In India, Halwa is usually prepared for all kinds of festive celebrations.
In India, Halwa is usually prepared for all kinds of festive celebrations. Sooji halwa is a popular dessert across India, where it is also called rava sheera or rava kesari. It is made by combining sooji, or semolina, with clarified butter, sugar, nuts, and cardamom. You can have Sooji Besan Halwa (Rava Gramflour Pudding) – Dessert Recipe using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sooji Besan Halwa (Rava Gramflour Pudding) – Dessert Recipe
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sooji.
- You need 1/2 cup of Besan.
- You need 1/4 cup of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Green cardamom powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of Water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mix chopped dry fruits.
In Pakistan and India, semolina is used for such sweets as Suji Halwa and Rava Kesari. Such a preparation is also a popular dessert in Greece (halvas) and Cyprus (halvas or helva). In Greece, the dessert galaktoboureko is made by making a custard from the semolina and then wrapping it in phyllo sheets. Make this easy dessert recipe on auspicious occasions, festivals, or for breakfast, it's absolutely delicious!!.
Sooji Besan Halwa (Rava Gramflour Pudding) – Dessert Recipe instructions
- Take water, sugar, and cardamom powder in a saucepan. Boil until sugar dissolves completely. Add ghee in a deep non-stick kadai and allow it to melt completely on medium-low flame. Roast sooji on medium-low heat until brown colour. Add besan and roast it on low medium flame for 4- 6 minutes..
- Now add prepared sugar syrup into roasted sooji, besan mixture (ensuring that no lumps are formed) and keep stirring till all the water gets absorbed. Turn off the heat. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and dry fruits. Serve hot..
In this post, I'm sharing how to make Sheera on stove top and InstantPot. Suji ka halwa or Sheera is a classic Indian semolina pudding made with sugar, ghee and dry fruits. The recipe I have shared is a family heirloom recipe. We have been making this suji halwa recipe for decades during family get togethers, special occasions & festivals. The sooji halwa recipe can be easily halved, doubled or tripled.