Sooji Banana Kesari Halwa. Banana halwa recipe With step by step photos – banana sheera also known as banana halwa is one sweet dish that I have grown up having at most of the puja functions in Mumbai. Sheera is the marathi term for halwa. In hindi this recipe would be called banana sooji halwa.
Each recipe has its unique touch. In South India Sooji Halwa is synonymous with Rava Kesari, the orange or yellow colour sweet served in most Udipi restaurants too. The ingredients are same, the process might differ. You can have Sooji Banana Kesari Halwa using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sooji Banana Kesari Halwa
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sooji,.
- You need 1 of riped banana,.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar ,.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of milk ,.
- Prepare as needed of kesar strands few,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of elaichi powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ghee.
Rava Kesari -Kesari Bath -Sooji Ka Halwa is a dessert/sweet that is popular throughout India. It goes by different names in North Indian it's called Sheera or Suji/Sooji ka halwa and in South India it's called Rava Kesari or Kesari Bath. Whatever be the name recipe is almost the same. Add oil (or omit) in another saucepan over medium heat.
Sooji Banana Kesari Halwa instructions
- Is a kadai add ghee add rawa and stir till slightly brown in colour..
- In another vessel boil sugar, milk and add kesar and elaichi powder.,add mashed banana and boiled milk mixture to the rawa on low flame. Keep stirring till ghee leaves and halwa(sheera) is ready.Serve hot..
Banana halwa or banana sheera is a famous Indian sweet made for any auspicious occasion. It is such a easy basic sweet recipe that can be made in jiffy. This banana halwa is baby friendly if you skip adding cashews. If you are looking for more halwa recipes then do check Pineapple Kesari, Rava Kesari, Singhara Halwa, Banana Sheera, Sweet Potato Halwa, Jaggery Kasi Halwa, Milk Rava Kesari, Besan Ka Halwa and Pumpkin Halwa. Here's a complete list of Varalakshmi Vratham Recipes.