Beetroot Sooji Halwa. I usually prepare beetroot halwa the same way as Gajar ka halwa. You know, roasting shredded beet and then cooking with some milk or mawa. But this one is a tad different than that, semolina being used in the preparation.
Beetroot Sooji Halwa or Beetroot Suji Halwa is similar to sooji halwa recipe with added benefits of beetroot. This halwa is easy to prepare than beetroot halwa and taste delicious too. Sooji adds texture and volume to this halwa making it more appealing. You can have Beetroot Sooji Halwa using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beetroot Sooji Halwa
- It’s 1/2 cup of sooji (semolina).
- It’s 3-4 tbsp. of beetroot puree.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of ghee.
- Prepare 1-2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of green cardamoms.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp. of sugar or to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of chopped nuts.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of rose / kewra water.
- Prepare of chopped nuts to garnish.
Most of the time I do this beetroot and sooji halwa than beetroot halwa. As festive season is in high spirits now so sharing this easy and. Healthy, nutritious and homemade beetroot halwa recipe! It's not so popular halwa recipe like gajar halwa or sooji halwa but many people or most of the kids like it.
Beetroot Sooji Halwa step by step
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the bay leaves and cardamoms, followed by the sooji. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes or till you get a nice aroma..
- Now add the puree, sugar and chopped nuts. Mix everything well and add the cardamom powder..
- Gently pour in 1 cup water and cook on a low flame till it turns thick. Switch off the flame and add the rose water. Allow it to cool down..
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve this yummy and healthy dessert chilled or at room temperature..
It is called chukandar ka halwa in Hindi. Because chunkandar is a Hindi term for beetroot. Rinse, peel and grate the beetroots. Take the grated beetroots in a thick bottomed kadai or pan. Mix and cook the grated beetroot and milk mixture on a low to medium flame.