Banana Sooji Halwa. Banana halwa recipe With step by step photos – banana sheera also known as banana halwa is one sweet dish that I have grown up having at most of the puja functions in Mumbai. Sheera is the marathi term for halwa. In hindi this recipe would be called banana sooji halwa.
The Banana Sheera recipe that I am sharing today is the one that is made for Satyanarayan Pooja. During the month of Shravan, this pooja is conducted in most homes, as it is considered very auspicious. Banana Suji Halwa Recipe This halwa is mostly liked by kids and you can make it with simple ingredients. You can cook Banana Sooji Halwa using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Sooji Halwa
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sooji.
- Prepare 2 of Banana.
- You need 1/2 cup of ghee.
- You need 1 tbsp of Jaggery or Sugar.
- You need 2-3 of cashews.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
Here I am going to make suji halwa with a new twist, I am going to add banana in it which makes this halwa more nutritional and tasty. Let's know how to make it. Necessary Ingredients Required For Banana Suji Halwa. Banana Sheera Recipe with step by step photo and video recipe.
Banana Sooji Halwa instructions
- Heat a pan and add suji with ghee. Fry in low flame until nice aroma comes (with constant stirring) and the suji becomes slightly golden brown. Set aside..
- Slice the bananas and mash it well with your hands. Add milk and water to the pan and bring it to a rolling boil..
- Now add the roasted suji little by little to the boiling water with constant stirring. Take care to not to form any lumps. Cook the suji in medium flame for 3 minutes or until the suji gets cooked completely. Stir it continuously while cooking otherwise it may stick to the vessel..
- Once it's cooked add mashed banana. Mix well. Add sugar or jaggery at this stage(if using). Stir well so that no lumps are formed..
- Continue stirring for 3-5 minutes or till the halwa forms a mass leaving the sides of the pan. At this stage, add ghee fried cashews(if using) and give a quick stir. Switch it off once done..
- Now banana Halwa is ready.Serve hot by garnishing some cashew nuts.
Suji ka halwa is a quick, easy and delicious halwa which is often made in most Indian homes and in my home as well. Suji halwa is made with fine semolina or cream of wheat (farina), ghee, sugar and nuts. In India cream of wheat is called as suji, sooji or rava. Banana Sheera is a dessert made from semolina, bananas, milk and sugar mainly. Sheera is also known as sooji halwa or banana pudding with semolina.