Sooji ka halwa. Suji Ka Halwa Recipe – About Suji Ka Halwa Recipe Sooji Halwa Recipe: Semolina and sugar syrup dessert flavored with cardamom and garnished with chopped almonds. Suji ka halwa recipe with video and step-by-step photos.
Suji Ka Halwa or Sooji Halwa is a popular Indian dessert which is especially prepared during various festivals and religious functions. During festivals -Navratra Puja aka Navratri Puja or Durga Puja, Vijayadashmi aka Dusshera, Diwali etc Suji Halwa is served along with other festive food items – Puri, Kala Chana, Aloo Ki Sabji, Jeera Aloo and Boondi Raita or Kaddu Raita (Pumpkin Raita). Suji ka halwa is a pudding made with suji (semolina), ghee (clarified butter), sugar, dry fruits, almond flour, and water. You can have Sooji ka halwa using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sooji ka halwa
- You need 1 of pao sooji.
- It’s 1.5 of pao sugar.
- Prepare 3,4 of elaichi.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ghee.
- It’s 2 of long.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed almond.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushef Coconut.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed pistachios.
- It’s of food color.
I have slightly flavored the halwa with berries, saffron, and cardamom powder. Halwa is a broad term used for pudding-like desserts in India, the most common halwa that I usually make is sooji halwa and aate ka halwa (made from wheat flour). Halwa is a dessert that is prepared all over the world. Sooji ka Halwa, Rava Sheera, Suji Halwa.
Sooji ka halwa step by step
- Sooji bhun len. alag kar k rakh len..
- Phir ik alag pateelay me ghee garm kar k elaichi long dal k karrha len..
- Phir usme sooji add kar den.badam pistay khopray b add karden..
- Ik alag pateelay me pani aur cheeni dal k sheera bana len..
- Bhuni hoi sooji k stuff me sheera add kar den aur food color add karden..
- Halwa chalate jayen ta k jalay nai..
- Dam pr kuch dair rakh k serve karden. Halwa is ready..
Sooji Halwa is a traditional but popular dessert. Sooji Halwa is delicious and a welcome treat for guests. I have done this recipe a few years ago and now decided to do another version of Sooji Halwa with little twist, turning this into an exotic Halwa beyond your belief. While halwa is a broad term used for pudding like desserts in India, the most common halwa that mom made were sooji halwa and aate ka halwa (made from wheat flour). Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet.