Kadha (Sooji ka Halwa). Suji ka halwa recipe with video and step-by-step photos. The recipe I have shared is a family heirloom recipe. Now, we have previously shared with you the recipe of kadha prasad aka atte ka halwa, and today, we tell you how to make suji ka halwa for Baisakhi.
Suji ka halwa is one of the most loved Indian desserts prepared across the country. Cooking a traditional suji halwa recipe doesn't call for much time or preparation. Suji halwa or rava sheera, as it is known in Maharashtra and some parts of India, is prepared in ghee and is sweet and rich. You can cook Kadha (Sooji ka Halwa) using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kadha (Sooji ka Halwa)
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sooji (Semolina).
- It’s 1/3 cup of ghee (clarified butter).
- You need 11/4 cup of water.
- You need 4-5 of almonds, sliced.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
Suji Ka Halwa graces every auspicious occasion with its presence. It is a mandatory dish on many religious days. This is my mom's recipe and is very dear to my heart. Soaking the semolina in milk makes this halwa taste like dal Ka halwa and fine semolina makes the texture similar to it.
Kadha (Sooji ka Halwa) instructions
- Pour the water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Remove and keep aside..
- In a kadhai or heavy based pan heat the ghee over medium flame. Add the Sooji. Stir and roast till the Sooji is golden brown..
- Reduce the flame to low and slowly add water. Stir continuously so that lumps don't form. Cook until water gets absorbed..
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and stir until the sugar dissolves and it is semi solid. Add almonds (cashews and pistachios are optional) & serve.
Every bite of this halwa is pure bliss!!! Kada prashad recipe with step by step pics. Kada prashad is a smooth, soft, velvety and rich halwa made with whole wheat flour (atta). One of the delicacies that is served in gurudwara as a prasad is this super delicious halwa known as kada prashad. सूजी का हलवा (sooji ka halwa) एक बहुत ही आसानी से बनने वाला तथा बहुत ही स्वादिष्ट भारतीय व्यंजन है हम सभी ने अपने बचपन में सूजी का हलवा तो बहुत बार खाया है क्योंकि.