Sooji ka halwa. At the same time in another pan. Suji ka halwa is your classic everyday delicious North Indian sweet made with fine semolina or cream of wheat (farina), sugar, ghee, nuts and flavored with cardamom powder. In Maharashtra, this sweet is called as Sheera.
Reduce flame to low; slowly add boiled water and mix by stirring constantly (add water only in small incremental quantities because it will splutter as soon as you add it). It's an Indian dessert pudding made using semolina (suji), water, ghee and sugar. Very basic ingredients but if done right, it can result in a fingerlicking dish. You can have Sooji ka halwa using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sooji ka halwa
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ghee.
- You need 1/2 cup of sooji coarse.
- It’s 2 tbsp of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 10 of whole cashew.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 11/2 cup of banana chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
If you don't measure or eyeball the ingredients, it takes a minute to ruin the entire recipe into a pulpy mess. Suji Ka Halwa is often called Rava Sheera or simply Sheera in many places. With minimal ingredients it is one of the quick and easiest dish to make anytime. Suji ka halwa is a pudding made with suji (semolina), ghee (clarified butter), sugar, dry fruits, almond flour, and water.
Sooji ka halwa step by step
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat ¼ cup ghee and roast 10 whole cashew, 2 tbsp raisins.once the cashew turns golden brown, keep aside. in the same ghee roast ½ cup rava on low flame for 5 minutes or till it turns aromat.further add ½ cup milk and ½ cup water. keeping the flame on low, stir continuously without forming any lumps..
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or till rava gets cooked completely. now add ½ cup sugar and ½ cup chopped banana.mix gently making sure not to mash banana and sugar melts completely..
- Furthermore add in ¼ cup ghee, roasted dry fruit and ¼ tsp cardamom powder.give a good mix, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. finally, suji ka halwa is ready..
I have slightly flavored the halwa with berries, saffron, and cardamom powder. Halwa is a broad term used for pudding-like desserts in India, the most common halwa that I usually make is sooji halwa and aate ka halwa (made from wheat flour). Halwa is a famous dessert that is prepared all over the world with various ingredients and in countless forms. Add the syrup slowly, as you add the syrup to sooji water will splatter. Sooji will absorb the water, as the Halwa cools, so keep Halwa a little softer then you want.