Sooji halwa. Suji halwa is also known as Rava Sheera in Western India and Rava Kesari in South India. The method of preparation is more or less similar, with a few ingredients being changed here and there. Though rava or semolina remains the key ingredient.
Sooji halwa is one of the most common Indian desserts made in every household. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Traditional Indian dessert, Sooji Halwa is a pudding made from semolina (sooji). Ghee, sugar and sooji are the three main ingredients required to make this easy dessert! You can have Sooji halwa using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sooji halwa
- Prepare 1 of bowl semolina.
- Prepare 4 of spoon ghee.
- You need 3/4 of bowl sugar.
- It’s 1/2 of spoon cardamom powder.
- Prepare 2 of spoon Dry fruit chopped cashews, almond and pistachios.
- Prepare 2 of spoon raisins.
This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families; because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time. The best sooji ka halwa is soft, moist, not at all dry and lumpy. The key to the best Punjabi halwa is properly roasted semolina. What makes suji halwa soft is fully puffed semolina grains.
Sooji halwa step by step
- Heat a wok put 2 spoon ghee than add semolina..
- Roast the semolina on medium heat till it change in colour and starts giving a nice aroma..
- Than add 2 bowl of water, sugar and cook till it becomes thick than add cardamom powder, chopped dry fruits and remaining ghee..
- Mix well and switch off the flame..
- Make a cookpad logo with raisins..
To attain that cook sooji on low heat. Add more water if sooji water is dried and but not puffed. The moist factor in sooji ka halwa comes from fat. These festivals have a significant meaning in India, which makes this halwa so popular. Check out other popular Halwa recipes: Coconut Pumpkin Halwa Carrot Halwa Moong Dal Halwa What is Halwa?