Sooji ka halwa. Suji Ka Halwa Recipe – About Suji Ka Halwa Recipe Sooji Halwa Recipe: Semolina and sugar syrup dessert flavored with cardamom and garnished with chopped almonds. Suji ka halwa recipe with video and step-by-step photos.
Just made the halwa like half an hr ago. In addition to raisons u can also add cocounut. Suji Ka Halwa or Sooji Halwa is a popular Indian dessert which is especially prepared during various festivals and religious functions. You can have Sooji ka halwa using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sooji ka halwa
- It’s 1 bowl of sooki (semolina, rawa).
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of green cardamom powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chopped mix dry fruit (8 pistachio, 8 cashew nut, 6).
- It’s 1 1/2 glass of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of pure ghee.
During festivals -Navratra Puja aka Navratri Puja or Durga Puja, Vijayadashmi aka Dusshera, Diwali etc Suji Halwa is served along with other festive food items – Puri, Kala Chana, Aloo Ki Sabji, Jeera Aloo and Boondi Raita or Kaddu Raita (Pumpkin Raita). Halwa is a dessert that is prepared all over the world. Suji ka halwa is a pudding made with suji (semolina), ghee (clarified butter), sugar, dry fruits, almond flour, and water. I have slightly flavored the halwa with berries, saffron, and cardamom powder.
Sooji ka halwa instructions
- Firstly in a pan heat ghee and rost suji on low to medium flame till it turn aromat and nice brown in colour.
- Then add milk, green cardamom powder, sugar, chopped dry fruit stir it continuously till the suji absorbs milk and no lumps are formed.
- Now reduce the flame and serve it hot.
Halwa is a broad term used for pudding-like desserts in India, the most common halwa that I usually make is sooji halwa and aate ka halwa (made from wheat flour). the recipe for suji ka halwa is very similar with the texture to popular rava kesari. however the recipe procedure and taste are completely different and more importantly the purpose is completely different. sooji halwa is prepared mainly with the combination of water and milk and hence it gets the creamy and smooth texture. moreover the ingredients like sugar, ghee and rava added to this. Sooji ka Halwa, Rava Sheera, Suji Halwa. Sooji Halwa is a traditional but popular dessert. Sooji Halwa is delicious and a welcome treat for guests. I have done this recipe a few years ago and now decided to do another version of Sooji Halwa with little twist, turning this into an exotic Halwa beyond your belief.