Sooji halwa. Suji ka halwa recipe with video and step-by-step photos. The recipe I have shared is a family heirloom recipe. Suji Ka Halwa Recipe – About Suji Ka Halwa Recipe
I remember eating bowls of sooji halwa during Navratri! What is Sooji Halwa This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families; because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time. After prayer Halwa is served to devotees as a blessing. You can cook Sooji halwa using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sooji halwa
- Prepare 2 cups of sooji.
- You need 1 tin of Amul mithai mate.
- Prepare 3-4 of green elaichi.
- Prepare as required of Jaggery.
- You need as required of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
Sooji halwa is one of the easiest and quickest halwa. The ingredients are all staple in the Indian kitchen. Semolina: Semolina is a coarse flour made from durum wheat. Durum wheat is different from whole wheat or common wheat.
Sooji halwa instructions
- Heat a non-stick pan with 2 tbsp of ghee, add bay leaves and sooji, keep stirring till it turns slightly brown, then add jaggery and give a quick mix..
- Then, pour hot water to it followed by Amul mithai mate, add the green elaichi, let it simmer in low heat..
- Now it's ready to serve it hot with luchi puries..
Suji Ka Halwa, also known as Sheera is a simple Indian semolina pudding, made with basic ingredients – semolina, sugar, and ghee. Suji Ka Halwa or Sooji Halwa is a popular Indian dessert which is especially prepared during various festivals and religious functions. During festivals -Navratra Puja aka Navratri Puja or Durga Puja, Vijayadashmi aka Dusshera, Diwali etc Suji Halwa is served along with other festive food items – Puri, Kala Chana, Aloo Ki Sabji, Jeera Aloo and Boondi Raita or Kaddu Raita (Pumpkin Raita). Like most recipe's on our page this is very easy to make recipe, the key is to knowing when the Sooji/Semolina is done cooking and has absorbed enough water. Halwa is a trendy dessert prepared throughout the world and tastes absolutely divine.