Rava/sooji halwa. Suji ka halwa recipe with video and step-by-step photos. The recipe I have shared is a family heirloom recipe. Make this easy dessert recipe on auspicious occasions, festivals, or for breakfast, it's absolutely delicious!!.
Sooji Halwa / Rava Halwa is an simple Indian dessert which is usually made in festival days. As Diwali is around the corner,hope you will give a try. Sooji Halwa is an easy dessert. You can have Rava/sooji halwa using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rava/sooji halwa
- You need 1 cup of sooji/rava.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of desi ghee.
- It’s as needed of Almond for garnish.
- You need handful of Raisins.
- Prepare 3-4 of Green cardamom.
- Prepare as needed of Water.
- You need as needed of Fresh coconut desicated (optional).
Main Ingredients in this dish are Sooji or Rava,Sugar and Ghee. To make this rich you can add saffron strands too. Sooji Halwa is a simple yet delicious sweet. It is sweetened semolina fried in ghee and garnished with nuts.
Rava/sooji halwa instructions
- Take all ingredients measured and ready at kitchen top. Take a big heavy kadhai..
- In kadhai at ghee,it start melt add rava. Stir it continuously till it brown..
- When rava is properly done it leaves ghee at corners. Now it's time to add other ingredients..
- Add sugar,almonds and raisins, mix it well add required water. Again stir it continuously.and brings to boil and thick..
- Now it's ready, garnish with dryfruits and serve..
It is also popularly known as Kesari Bath in the south region and Sheera in the northern region of India. Rava Kesari Bhath/Sooji Halwa Recipe is a pudding made from semolina, flavored with saffron and other spices topped with nuts. Serve the Rava Kesari Bhath/Sooji Halwa Recipe along with Vegetable Rava Upma and the combination is known as Chow Chow Bhath. Sooji Halwa, Suji Ka Halwa Recipe – Rava Sheera Recipe Most of the time I make South Indian style Rava kesari ( Rava = semolina in English) for functions, pooja and celebrations at home as it is our family favorite and the most comfortable sweet for me. I have already shared varieties of rava kesari recipes like rava kesari with milk/ Paal.